We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » An international documentary, a busker's budget (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick Broad
View Profile
New user
London, UK
46 Posts

Profile of Nick Broad
Hey all,
the last few weeks on The Magic Café have been a real education. It's a pleasure being part of a forum which has both humour AND bite. I tried joining over the past year every so often, and it always said TMC wasn't accepting new members, so I'm glad to finally be on.

Which is why it's so annoying that I've got to say the following piece. I never meant to get on TMC to ask for anything other than advice (or to share our experiences), but at the moment I'm in trouble with the funds for our documentary, and would like to ask those of you who know about and like The Busking Project — or who might be interested in a global indie-doc about street performance — to continue reading the message below. If you're already offended by the thought, I am too, so please stop here! Thank you.

----

We're raising money so that we can finish production and begin the next phase of the documentary process: transcribing, translating, logging, editing and gently crying over hundreds of hours of footage. We've decided to "crowd fund" — it's democratic, requires only a little amount from each person, and means we don't have to sell out to cola companies. However, "crowdfunding" means having to put aside any qualms about asking for money (you need to ask for it in A LOT of places), and some celebrity bumps. It's also kinda like busking Smile

The only reason why I can put aside those qualms is that I believe not only in the quality of what we're doing, but in our mission, too. You can see our aims here, but in short; we're going to make the world's first movie about street performance from a global perspective, a photo-narrative book detailing our favourite performers (and the struggle to find you all), and a website full of content and resources about and for buskers.

I'm asking you to think of people you know — fans, associates etc — who like to support the arts or who may be interested in our project, and convince them that we are worth a small donation. If you'd like to request any info from me, our budget, methods, sources of funding, mission, or anything else, please ask and I'll provide the information. Thank you for helping us remain independent,

Nick

PROMO VIDEO
Nick Broad
<BR>Skype: omnigut
<BR>facebook.com/thebuskingproject
<BR>www.thebuskingproject.com
<BR>Email: nick@thebuskingproject.com
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
Have you seen this site?

http://www.kickstarter.com

There's always a load of interesting projects on there and most seem to get their funding.

Andy
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
My mistake it's only open to US residents, sorry.
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
Nick Broad
View Profile
New user
London, UK
46 Posts

Profile of Nick Broad
Haha - thanks Andy. You can see our project here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1932......mentary/

As of this post we've got 17 days to go on it
Nick Broad
<BR>Skype: omnigut
<BR>facebook.com/thebuskingproject
<BR>www.thebuskingproject.com
<BR>Email: nick@thebuskingproject.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » An international documentary, a busker's budget (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL