The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Lennart Green's Snap Deal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Is this as easy as it looks. Cause it looks insanly amazing.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Good things do not come easy. This takes timing and technical perfection. If it was easy, we'd all be out there with it, instead of practicing it in the privacy of our homes (or offices - don't tell!). But I do agree that, when done well, it is an amazing visual. Be reminded that he suggests that this be used as a control, not a stand alone effect.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Hi
I wonder if any body could tell me if you have to be sitting down to do the snap deal?
PM me if you like
Cheers
TJ
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Teejay - I have been working on this pretty heavy for the past few weeks (I'm actually learning to drive with my knees!). I'd say that you should be sitting down, especially when you are first getting comfortable with it. The angle of your hand, wrist and elbow all work well at a seated position. They need to be about parallel to the table. You don't want people looking "down" on this and you don't want someone extreme left side. If you watch Green do the effect, he really has quite a turned position, with his right shoulder facing out....One last thing. Even though mirror work helps most effects, I think it is mandatory to get in front of the mirror early when practicing the snap deal. You do not want to groove an error and you really can not appreciate how it looks to the audience until you see their view. Enjoy!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Teejay, while at the beginning you will want to be seated to help with angles and lapping, you do not need to be seated.

I perform the snap deal on other people's hands(small group of people) or in my own hands for a larger amount.

It's all in the practice and attitude. Learn the angles(about the same at lateral/tenkai palm) and you can snap deal whereever you want!
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Hi MSD and Daegs
Thanks a lot
I realised that the angles were problematic
I have the Roger Crosthwaite tape showing the same effect using a Tenkai but you can't show both hands empty
Can anybody say if the effect up to the empty hands method is the same as Roger's?
I don't like the ditch method and I don't want to buy the DVD if I have the deal already on Roger's tape
Unless the deal is different or there is a lot more on the DVD that I can use
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers
TJ
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
AFAIK Lennart's method is original.

The key part is the audible snap of the card as it is dealt and the method of making the card whisk away into palm.

I doubt it is the same, but regardless, get the manuscript.

It's less than $10 bucks if I remember and worth every penny, even if you already know the move. Smile
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
I have it and I still can't get it. But I'm practicing it more.. Smile very cool move! I'll never give up on it.. Smile
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Dynamiteassassin - Keep playing with it. Go VERY slow at first. I started working with this a while back and it just "clicks" at some point. Mirror is a must because, from your view, you can not imagine that this looks like much. Enjoy!
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I had a hard time at first learning to Snap Deal multiple cards into Lateral Palm, but if you use your third finger and thumb for additional support of the already Lateral Palmed cards, than it should come a lot quicker Smile
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Update to any newby Snap Dealers - I have been working every day on this deal, from the booklet. If you are serious about this versatile move, you must get Green's #6 DVD. I just got it and it REALLY helps to see his visual on this. It has improved my technique and helped speed up the process. Also, there are other variations of the move and an amazing amount of applications and routines. His style is so enjoyable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Lennart Green's Snap Deal (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL