The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How much do the tricks in your show cost you? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 06:21, Zuke wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 06:10, ku7uk3 wrote:
I don't agree on the cost of wear and tear. Yes, there are tricks that require it, but for the most part you can protect against it, like laminating the cards. I have several tricks that have been in my show for over ten years. They require a bit of re-gluing and tlc, but they can pass the test of time.
Steve

You should come with me on a school tour some time. Smile

I'm not sure whether it's just the pace of school tours or the roads in Australia (and the dust) but I guarantee if you bring a piece of granite with you, it will need to be repaired or replaced within 6 months.

I'll bet it's not you.... it's usually your assistants who ding and dent things worse then shifting while transporting.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 19:07, jay leslie wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 06:21, Zuke wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 06:10, ku7uk3 wrote:
I don't agree on the cost of wear and tear. Yes, there are tricks that require it, but for the most part you can protect against it, like laminating the cards. I have several tricks that have been in my show for over ten years. They require a bit of re-gluing and tlc, but they can pass the test of time.
Steve

You should come with me on a school tour some time. Smile

I'm not sure whether it's just the pace of school tours or the roads in Australia (and the dust) but I guarantee if you bring a piece of granite with you, it will need to be repaired or replaced within 6 months.

I'll bet it's not you.... it's usually your assistants who ding and dent things worse then shifting while transporting.

He he...how many times has my kid helper dropped my Duck Pan base, when I add some yucky ingredient?!
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Mouth coil, give away wands (maybe 4-5 per show @ .40 each), 1 paper bag, balloons (if they request them)- adds up to maybe $8. Add in the feed for my bunny, fuel charge, it has to be under $20 per show.

Not bad as far as overhead goes.
Life of Magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How much do the tricks in your show cost you? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL