The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chael Sonnen adds to his DeeBag resume (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Do you think any magicians use steroids to enhance themselves during performance as well?
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-12-03 01:48, General_Magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-02 12:34, critter wrote:
I hate the rampant abuse of anabolics in sports. But until there's a way to make sure all of the athletes are clean then I don't think I can hold it against those who think they need them just to keep up.

Anabolic drugs do serious damage to the long term health of athletes. No UFC title nor any amount of money paid for winning a fight is worth destroying your health over by resorting to steroids. But I agree with one of your posts, Silva is a smart fighter. It's better to outsmart, rather than outfight your opponent in the octagon. This was how Silva won his fight against Chael. Chael outfought Silva in the octagon, but Silva outsmarted Chael in the octagon and ultimately won the fight in the end. Fights are ultimately won in the mind. True warriors understand the principle of brain over brawn. That's why Silva won his last match with Chael. There is no guarantee that Silva will win the next match against Chael, but I will be hoping for a second Silva victory over Chael.

Bear in mind, I am absolutely not condoning steroid use. As I said, I detest them. I just can't keep getting ticked off every time I hear about another of my favorite athletes taking them, or I'd be about out of athletes to like.
I believe Randy Couture when he said he never took them. Yet another reason that The Natural was the classiest fighter to ever step foot in the Octagon.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
Bear in mind, I am absolutely not condoning steroid use. As I said, I detest them. I just can't keep getting ticked off every time I hear about another of my favorite athletes taking them, or I'd be about out of athletes to like.
I believe Randy Couture when he said he never took them. Yet another reason that The Natural was the classiest fighter to ever step foot in the Octagon.

I realize you don't condone steroid use. There is a lot of pressure on athletes in the professional sports business. However, I think athletes can still have a successful career in professional sports without destroying their long term health or resorting to steroid use. Granted in sports like football, MMA or boxing, you are going to have athletes who suffer some brain, head and other injuries, but their overall long term health doesn't have to be completely destroyed by things like steroid use.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-12-03 02:00, Devious wrote:
Do you think any magicians use steroids to enhance themselves during performance as well?

Criss Angel. Smile

I'm kidding.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chael Sonnen adds to his DeeBag resume (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL