We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychokinetic silverware - coping with reactions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
What is the definition of a cult? I'm just curious.

Jonathan Grant

P.S. in case it matters muslim has more believers than any other religion. But of course, over there you can't be a part of society or own land etc. if you don't profess to be muslim.
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
Quote:
On 2002-05-27 09:23, chadmagic wrote:
This topic has gotten to rediculous for words. If this is where mentalism is going, I am going to take up juggling. Maybe puppetry. When was the last time you heard any of those guys argue about 'ethics'.
"Should we tell the audience that these knife blades aren't as sharp as they think they are?"
When people ask me about "powers", I just say, "this is something that we can all learn to do." and leave it at that. This is not a lie, as they can learn it, and they are forced to make their own decisions based on beliefs they already have. I have not forced anyone to believe anything that they didn't already have an inclination to.

Chad

I agree. And have a follow-up line:

"This is something we all can learn to do. But the knowledge is easily abused, and so I feel it should be kept secret.

/bamba
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
Jonathan,

While I would like to just accept your point of view, I feel at this point, in the interest of understanding and everyone getting along, you should refrain from commenting on the merits or drawbacks of other faiths. You have made yours clear.

Why speak against satanism or Islam?

This is the thing I never understand about religion: I understand, from your posts, that your faith is of great value to you. THAT is the selling point if you feel you must work to spread it. Not the flaws of other people's beliefs.

Also, your post is not accurate unless "over there" means a specific country and is an accerpted expression I am not aware of.

I really do not mean to be rude, and I hope you will not take personal offense.

/bamba
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
No offense taken. Actually I say over there because I'm not sure exactly which countries it is. ha ha ha! My partner is the source of this information which he learned on his trip all over the middle east. He isn't here at the moment to ask.

I find your comment about speaking against Islam and Satanism interesting. A little confusing as well. Just remember, just because you believe it doesn't mean it's true. I didn't say anything negative about islam but I did mention Satanism because it is worshiping the source of evil. Just because I believe in Christianity doesn't mean it's true. But there is a truth out there and I believe Christianity is the truth. The thing that is wrong with the other religions is that they aren't the truth. And if I'm right they are all going to be asking me why I didn't try and tell them when they still had a chance.

I'm not going to go on with this publicly because I don't think it's beneficial to anyone. So any other questions please PM me and I will answer them privately. I respect the forum as a place for mentalism and not religion.

I hope I have cleared things up some. But I probably haven't. ha ha ha

Jonathan Grant
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Quote:
I did mention Satanism because it is worshiping the source of evil

I promise this is the last I'll post publicly on this, as well, but it was posted publicly, so I want to respond publicly. This statement is incorrect. Satanism is worshiping what you believe to be the source of evil. Some folks may not. That's their right. You may not agree with them, but at least have the courtesy to respect their right to observe whatever religion they choose.

--A
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I respect their right, but in my POV satan is the source of all evil so when I speak out against satanism it is because of that. That's what I was trying to say. I respect people but I don't respect the devil. ha ha ha. I would hope that would go without saying.

Jonathan Grant
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
Johnathan,

I am GOD. You are committing a sin right now.
Listen to me, stop this righteousness right now. You have a lot to learn. You are causing more damage than good.

Apologise for your hypocrisy . I only have so much patience with people like you.
You will not enter my kindom with that kind of attitude.
How dare you insinuate I am a fake. You must be a reincarnate executioner from the time I was here last time. YOu'd just as soon crucify me now as you did the last time. Shame on you.

Apologise now, or for ever be condemned to a life in HELL.

E-Leoni (aka GOD)
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4585 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On 2002-05-28 23:35, Andy Leviss wrote:
Wait a second...now suddenly Wicca's a cult?

Q: What's the difference between a religion and a cult?

A: A religion has its own football team.

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4585 Posts

Quote:
On 2002-05-29 04:45, Jonathan wrote:
I respect their right, but in my POV satan is the source of all evil

In my experience, MAN is quite capable of being 'evil' all on his own. There's no need for Satan (if he even exists) to do anything.

Anton LaVey's particular brand of "Satanism" had little to do with actually worshipping Satan...

My understanding is that most official "Satanists" believe that Man is ultimately responsible for his own actions.
That Creepy Magician
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
WOW... from a video that teaches how to bend cheap cuttlery to the Devil himself.. I loved the football joke though Philimon.. It was worth the marathon task of going through this nonsence also I have been converted to The E Leoni Church... what a man........

All the best people

M.S.
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
My understanding is that most official "Satanists" believe that Man is ultimately responsible for his own actions.

[/quote]

So do most courts of law.
Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
I'm really not GOD.
I don't have a following, I don't wear a robe, no I don't even walk on water. I've never been to the promise land, and I don't have disciples.
I drink beer during the hockey season, I'm a Maple Leafs fan, I do magic at a restaurant on the weekends. I perform for private parties, and corporations when I'm lucky to get the gigs. I have a new puppy which I take care of now. I don't eat mammals, and I don't preach. My name is E-Leoni, and I am CAnadian.

This was all to make a point.
THe absurdness of talking about this subject on a post about bending cutlery.

Can we get back to that ?

E-Leoni.
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Quote:
E-Leoni wrote:
I'm really not GOD.
Pheew - you really had me wondering there for a while, Enrico. Glad you told us the truth after all Smile

/Matias
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4585 Posts

Quote:
On 2002-05-29 14:43, E-Leoni wrote:
I'm really not GOD.

And here I was ready to make the claim that I was the DEVIL.

(At least I look the part...)

That Creepy Magician
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Quote:
Philemon wrote:
...the DEVIL.

(At least I look the part...)
So, are you saying those are horn-balls around on your head?

Smile

...sorry, couldn't resist...

/Matias
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4585 Posts

No... those are receptacles for the souls I've collected on my journey...

Care to add yours to the set?

That Creepy Magician
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
So, Banachek's video? Pretty good huh? Boy, how about those reactions we get?

Jonathan Grant

P.S. Devil is source of temptation which draws us to commit evil things. But in a sense you are right.
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Seems like we have some "Funde-Mentalists in the group...very interesting

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Quick one John! Smile

Jonathan Grant
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Why does this always happen to me? Smile No matter where I go, controversy follows.

THanks John
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychokinetic silverware - coping with reactions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL