The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Whitestone (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
I have a beautiful old Square Circle in an old nicely painted wooden travel case. It in marked "Whitestone". I was told by the guy I bought it from that he travelled performing in the ame time period as Blackstone Sr. It is beautifully hand painted.

I want to sell it. I would like to know more history about Whitestone and potentially the piece I have before I do sell it.

I would also like to get a good idea what it is worth.

Anyone know any history of Whitestone?

Thanks,
Curt
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Paul Whitestone was from Indiana I believe. There were some references to him in some old Linking Rings. He came after Blackstone Sr. and borrowed the name idea from him as a tribute.

richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
Thanks! I would love more info too.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I will see if I can find out anything more on it. I think I remember his first name was Paul.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
Thanks so much! I will dig the piece out of storage and try to post a pic.
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
See Genii March 1976, p. 175 (vol 40) for a blurb and a photo of Whitestone.

June 1977, p. 360 (vol 41) has another blurb.

(Search Ask Alexander for "Whitestone Indiana" to omit all the false hits for Thurston moving to Whitestone, NY...)
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
170 Posts

Profile of DonB!
Paul Whitestone's nameplate was found in this book that I have for sale in my shop. Seems he thought he was pretty good.
DGillam
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of DGillam
Paul Lee Hargitt, Jr performed magic as Whitestone the Magician. Paul had a lifelong interest in magic and actively participated in the IBM and SAM magic clubs in Indianapolis. At one time he had an illusion show themed around Alice Through the Looking Glass. He died in 2000 age 64 and was buried in Crown Hill Cemetery in Indianapolis.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Whitestone (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL