The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » the Stevens riffle cull (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thevai
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of thevai
Can anyone help me find a good description of this move? I believe it is in a book by Karl Fulves but I cannot find a copy anywhere, probably because it's out of print. Will I find it anywhere else?

Any help will be much appreciated.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Unfortunately, the riffle shuffle editions of Epilogue were left out of the L&L Reprints. This includes, (if I remember correctly) the Zarrow Shuffle and the Steven's Control.

Steven Youell
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Try Mike Maxwell's "The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings"; the "Steven's Riffle Control" is explained within the routine "Gambler's Aces".

Regards,
Thomas wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
You're right Wayne, but as I remember it, it wasn't a very good description and it was very limited....

SEY
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
What IS the Stevens Control? Anything to do with Joe Stevens? - I once saw him do a card trick with a wooden spider on a wheel and the spider finds the card - maybe this is what you guys are talking about? PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Barry Mink
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Barry Mink
"Steven's Control" is a riffle schuffle control using a jogging procedure with the action of a pull through schuffle. Attributed to Dad Stevens whom Vernon found in Chicago and described as left handed, wore a derby, and labeled per legend as "The Mysterious Kid". See Paul Cummins "Smoother Stevens" in FASDIU for a good description of the control. Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » the Stevens riffle cull (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL