The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Duane Laflin dye tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Does anyone know if these dye tube are for sale anymore? They are not on his site and I cannot find them anywhere else either.

todd
KMFrye
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of KMFrye
Todd,

You're referring to the plunger type? Email his son, David at Laflin magic: info@laflinmagicstore.com
He was able to find some for me last year.

Regards,
Keith F.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Thanks so much keith
todd
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22734 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Todd, if you are looking for the plunger type dye tube the best in the world is made by Rice Silk King Studio, there banner ad is at the top of the silk heading.

And they are ony $10, and come in 3 sizes.

http://www.silkkingmagic.com/Rice's%20D......ubes.htm

If you want a smaller one, then I am sure Laflin has one made in India and is flesh color. They don't make the flesh color one that fits in the hand in America any longer to my knowledge.

Yes, Laflin's has a ton of magic that is not on their web site. When Duane Laflin and his wife are at magic conventions they fill 5 huge tables with magic.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Thanks William
I've got so use to the Laflin one. The feel and weight is just right. I'll look at kingsilkmagic.
thanks todd

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 6:56pm
The silk simplex one silk king sells is two inchs long and 3/4 inch diameter. I don't think it would hold 2- 18 inch regular silks.and its out of brass not aluminium probably a lot heavier. I contacted Laflin they are out of stock and said they didn't know where I would find them.
todd
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22734 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Todd, we were talking and assuming you were speaking of plunger type dye tubes.

You just discribed a hand dye tube. FYI Simplex is made for 12" silks only, anything larger I use the Palmo Gimmick that will hold up to 1 24" silk.

The Palmo and Simplex were made of brass years ago, but the last time they had them made they went with aluminum. Brass is not that much heavier then the aluminum versions, as the aluminum has to be a little thicker then the brass version due to the strength of the metal.

No hand dye tube will hold 2 18" silks at one time. Hand dye tubes do not hold 2 silks at once.

Then there is the tape hand dye tube you have to turn end for end with every color change. This also only holds one silk, and the better ones are made by Morrissey Magic in Canada.

http://www.morrisseymagic.com/Dye_Tube_R......lled.htm

What are you trying to do, it would help to guide you in the right direction?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
William,
I put two 15" silks in the Lafin one. I do this a lot when I act like I'm going to
vanish the silk, but then pull some different color silk from the bottom and then pull silk from the top of hand. I then go into a regular silk dying routine.
todd
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22734 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I am sorry I still don't understand, do you mean you can put 2 silks totally inside the Laflin dye tube without any part of either silk sticking out plus get your finger in on top of both silks. That is one big hand dye tube.

Question, why would you pull out a silk from the top of the hand when you just put the silk in the fist. That is how I am reading, "I do this a lot when I'm going to vanish a silk." In order to vanish it you have to put it in the hand, unless you don't put it in the dye tube.

Oh well, this is getting to confusing for text communication, sorry, I have no solution for you.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
William
I have a silk preloaded in tube orange.
I the push a green silk all the way in with the orange silk.
I tell the children instead of vanishing the silk.im going to do something different.
and I pull some orange from bottom of hand and say I'm going to change the color of the silk.
I then take the dyetube out of the left hand making the rest of the orange silk come out of the top of the fist.and the dye tube is now in the right hand to do a slow color change or what ever you want to do.
todd
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22734 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Todd, thanks for the clarification. You could try the Palmo, but I cannot guarantee it 100%. Laflin sells the Palmo as well as Rice. I believe that Laflin's is made of thinner metal and a hair larger, so it may be a better fit for you.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
William
I have one and its alright.
I guess ive become accustomed
so much to this special dye tube.
it is two and a half inchs long
and one inch in diameter.a little
bigger than rices. just right for me.
todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Duane Laflin dye tube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL