We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Coffee Time with Nigel and I (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
Every once and a while, we go to an open mic at a coffee shop. It gives us rehearsal time in front of a live audience.

Heres a short bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVgKc7eSE......aynext=1

Let me know if you can open it. It was marked private for a while.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
A job very well done, my friend.

Nigel was GREAT and you were not to bad yourself.

REMLAP
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
"Remlap"

Thanks for the kind words and time to post.

you are appreciated by

"sirrah"
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Nice job Harris.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Hey Harris,
I like that you're always pushing yourself and trying new things. Looks like a nice wee gig to try stuff out.

I found it more whimsical rather than laugh out loud funny. I think you need more gags. Especially at the start.

Thanks for sharing,
George
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
Whimsical works for me George.

At a recent gig, I heard someone say,"That was delightfully strange".

Though I use to do stand up, these days as "The Doctor of Laughology", I don't have to go just for laugh out loud funny all the time. Of course it does happen.

I hope they post some more of my harp(harmonica) back up of some of the musicians that have come through. These will include things from Going to Kansas City, Tom Paxton tunes to Will the Circle be Unbroken.

Also viewing the video, I wish my lip technique was a bit better for the camera.

Thanks for taking the time to view.

Now off for a refill of coffee.

Harris
still 2 old to know everything
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
The routine was very entertaining; very good lip control and excellent manipulation of Nigelll.

When you announced that you don’t sing Gospel, a bright light appeared between you and Nigelll.

This is December, the time of the year what wise men will follow the bright light to Nigelll bearing gifts and frankincense; you had better brush up on the gospel music
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
The quip about Gospel music was a response to the M.C. telling performers to stay away from religion and politics. The 2:45 time was part of several larger sets. The Chastain reference was about someone who has been trying to get his light rail plan going in KC. I have been playing Gospel music since 84. For a while I have played with a Christian Band. Wednesday I will be playing Silent Night and O Holy night on the harp. I used to just like to wail the blues or rock and roll. These days I can appreciate slow tunes on the harmonica (like O Holy Night or Shenandoah) as well as telling stories the "the little darlings". (where in the past I was the crawling under chairs and measuring success of a show by how loud I could get the kids.) I still like getting them shouting (with much better control of getting them to calm back down) laughing, but also like to get them thinking and pull on a wider range of emotions.

Happy H.O.Y.C. (holiday of your choice)

Harris
still too old to know everything
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
When you look at the video, a bright light appears between you and your figure.

I also measure the success of a show by how loud I could get the kids, except I don’t attempt to calm them down. I start with the noise and build from there until they are tired LOL, then I build them up again with the production of the rabbit with the use of the bigger wands.

For the first time last weekend I produced two rabbits, I told the kids that the birthday boy gets his own rabbit to pet while everyone shares the other rabbit; the birthday boy felt very special by having his own rabbit.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
What a waskly good idea with the rabbits.

Do you do a split rabbit, ala doves or produce them individually.

Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Harris, this was the first time I performed it with two rabbits, I used a bigger wand routine to finally produce a rabbit from a rabbit box with the black slate drawing. The kids went wild and after few seconds, I had the kid wave the wand over the CLEAR VUE DRAWER BOX that I showed empty when I placed it on the table before I started the trick and a second rabbit appeared.

No one had ever seen this before and both the kids and adults were very surprised. I sat every kid down and announced the birthday boy gets one and the other was placed on the laps of the other children for sharing.

if anyone has ideas, lets hear them.

Buzz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Coffee Time with Nigel and I (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL