The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Muppets are Communists (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Viva la Revolución, Kermie.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
"Why did chicken cross road, comrade? To get in line for bread! Vokka, Vokka!"
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5852 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Did you mean "vodka, vodka"? Smile
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-12-05 14:46, Tom Cutts wrote:
Did you mean "vodka, vodka"? Smile

Could be... Maybe I misheard Smile
~Will Rogers
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
"San-ta Claus--wears a red suit--he's a com-mun-nist...!"

- Arlo Guthrie
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

"And he has a long beard, must be a pacifist.

What's in that pipe he's smoking?"

I love Arlo!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Well, maybe not. I couldn't find anywhere in the story where fox used communist in the story about the muppets. Maybe a bit of hyperbole by the huffington post? And of course you guys all fell for it. I'm sad to see that even Magnus's sophisticated bs detector didn't go off and have him check the links. So, which news source is it that makes up the news again?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
However .... I just realized that it DID call the muppets liberals. Maybe all of you just naturally associate liberals for communists. I can see now why the confusion.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Good point Rockwell; nothing in the Huffington Post article points to anyone using the epithet "communist". I listened to the original clip, and the host does at one point say, "Why are we teaching our children class warfare? What is this, communist China?"

Amusingly, he allows all the guests who agree with him to talk freely, but the one token dissenter is shouted down at least 3 times.

But in fairness, he's not calling the muppets communists; he's using his show to rail against liberals and to take a couple of shots against the President.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

The caption at the bottom of the Fox screen during the broadcast condemning the Muppets, Captain Planet, etc., read "Are Liberals trying to Brainwash your Children against Capitalism?"

Kind of verifies the recent findings of the Fairleigh Dickinson and University of Maryland studies about FOX viewers.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-12-05 20:43, rockwall wrote:
However .... I just realized that it DID call the muppets liberals. Maybe all of you just naturally associate liberals for communists. I can see now why the confusion.

Did you watch the 7+ minute video clip on Fox, linked to in the Huffpo piece? The word communist did come up in it: "What are we, communist China?"

Using the word communist in the article headline might have been a little over the top (but let's be fair, communist is what many people on the right mean when they say liberal) but if that is over the top then I don't know what the words are for Fox News making a 7+ minute on air diatribe against the Muppets and Cars 2 etc.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Without the perpetuation of such sterotypes, the consumers of gas and plastic products (i.e. all of us) would have to face the unpleasant reality of being equally culpable for the negative consequences of our own actions. And who would want that?
Bob
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-12-05 20:34, rockwall wrote:
Well, maybe not. I couldn't find anywhere in the story where fox used communist in the story about the muppets. Maybe a bit of hyperbole by the huffington post? And of course you guys all fell for it. I'm sad to see that even Magnus's sophisticated bs detector didn't go off and have him check the links. So, which news source is it that makes up the news again?

I was just making a Russian Fozzie joke... Wokka Wokka.
~Will Rogers
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
That Rockwall wouldn't look out of place at a Leninist League meeting with that red tie and kerchief - I remember the good old days when he was pictured with the cat that looked like an angry spitting camel.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
From http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sesame-s......d-school

with slogan "The right news. Right now" comes this:

---
Lily the Muppet – who worries about her family not having enough money to feed her properly -- pitched free food at school:

“Sometimes we can't always afford to buy all the food that we need,” Lily said. “I mean, but we've been finding lots of ways that we can get help...Yeah, for example, at school I get a free breakfast and a lunch...part of the meal plan."
---

Really, how are the muppets NOT communist?

Please, let's not even get into Fraggle Rock.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-12-08 02:11, Destiny wrote:

... that looked like an angry spitting camel.

Lol. Yes, I loved that (lookalike) angry spitting camel.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Sorry for the triple post, but check the communist related 'top comment' at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMu7WvM_zik
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
Sort of like when that one Teletubby was accused of being gay or some such thing. As a conservative I always find it funny what is read into things.
Oops, I typed read, which is close to red - and we all know what that means!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Muppets are Communists (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL