The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Muppets are Communists (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15772 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Muppets are Communists and the Capitalists are Muppets.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2011-12-09 22:29, thorndyke wrote:
Sort of like when that one Teletubby was accused of being gay or some such thing. As a conservative I always find it funny what is read into things.
Oops, I typed read, which is close to red - and we all know what that means!

Ironic, seeing how it was the arch-conservative, Jerry Falwell, who was first to make that claim about the Teletubbies.

http://www.theory.org.uk/ctr-rol3.htm
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
The Muppets respond to the allegations,
Here
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
I regarded Falwell as an embarrassment. Anytime the right accepts these guys I want to upchuck.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2011-12-08 02:11, Destiny wrote:
That Rockwall wouldn't look out of place at a Leninist League meeting with that red tie and kerchief - I remember the good old days when he was pictured with the cat that looked like an angry spitting camel.

Oh, comeon destiny, have I ever attacked you?
Your post seems to suggest that I was agreeing that the muppets were communists and I can't see where I made any such suggestion. Just the opposite, in fact.

Rockwall. (minus the spitting camel)
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Excerpt from an opinion piece in a weekend newspaper ...

Tickle Me Pinko: Fox says Muppets brough......or Marx)

[W]hat America's library of children's films would look like if they'd been written instead by Fox commenters:

1. Charlotte's Web of Lies: A rat persuades a pig to take his place in the food chain, after an elitist spider who has far more children than she can reasonably afford tries to talk him into pursuing a liberal education instead.

2. Where the Wild Things Are Hunted to Extinction but Free-Market Capitalism Ensures that Housing is Built.

3. Mrs. Frisby Rats Out the Welfare Queens of Nim.

4. Cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Monsters Inc. Busts a Union.

6. Snow White and the Seven – No, Six – Excellent Republican Nominee Hopefuls.

7. 101 Dalmatians Help Employ a Large Number of Furriers.

8. Night at the Creationist Museum: Although exhibits come to life, a man spends a restful night in the museum, because dinosaurs and humans existed together quite peacefully.

9. The Land Before All the Illegal Immigrants Ruined It.

10. Finding Nemo's Birth Certificate.

11. Harry Potter and the Invisible Hand.

12. The Black Stallion Who Would Not Be There If Not for Affirmative Action.

13. The War on Christmas Story.

14. Robin Hood and His Entitled Men: The brave Prince John promotes stability by fighting unconstitutional wealth-distribution schemes.

15. Kung Fu. Panda Hardly Needs To Be On The Protected Species List, He Knows Kung Fu.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2704 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Then there's the lyrics from the next to final number in "The Muppet Christmas Carol"

SCROOGE: With an open smile
And with open doors
I will bid you welcome
What is mine is yours
With a glass raised to toast your health
(With a glass raised to toast your health)
And a promise to share the wealth
(Promise to share the wealth)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpb9EbmvM5M
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say. "Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?"
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On 2011-12-10 11:19, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-08 02:11, Destiny wrote:
That Rockwall wouldn't look out of place at a Leninist League meeting with that red tie and kerchief - I remember the good old days when he was pictured with the cat that looked like an angry spitting camel.

Oh, comeon destiny, have I ever attacked you?
Your post seems to suggest that I was agreeing that the muppets were communists and I can't see where I made any such suggestion. Just the opposite, in fact.

Rockwall. (minus the spitting camel)

Rockwall - sorry if it didn't come across right - oh no, I said right - I mean correctly - I was joking and would certainly never attack you - you have always been extremely pleasant conversation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Muppets are Communists (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL