The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ways to dress up a magician's choice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Hello peoples,
I need to put together a show with limited means, my magic club has set me up with a steap limitation. I need to put together a show with only the things we learned in the beginner's course. I only get one force: the magician's choice, and I want to put together a complete show with it.

I have 2 ways myself of dressing it up. one with a pendulum and one with bare hands, feeling what they feel.

I want to put together 5 effects with a simple magician's choice. That's my goal.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
What does "put together 5 effects with a simple magician's choice mean?"
Do you mean you want 5 effects to happen throughout the magician's choice process?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Yes. but the process how you get to the force object must be different. Not always point to one... and so forth.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
There would be different presentations, but not things which should be discussed openly. Maybe start a thread in the crypt.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I don't think you can do five presentations (with this or any method) without tipping the method; no matter how much you "dress it up." Any five effects done (back to back) using the same method would be "suicide by method." I suggest you re-think your goal.

My 2 cents
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
As its for a magic club I don't imagine tipping the method is important.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I only have the magician's force and a card force to work with, and that's not much room to play with.
I want to do the cups and balls also, because of the discoverie of witchcraft connection. (my show is wicca themed).
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I have to admit that I'm still confused.
Perhaps if you started a thread downstairs you would be able to make this more clear.

Are you looking for a story/presentation for magician's choice that involves 5 effects during the selection process and te final selection is itself the finale trick?

Like, you have 6 objects and 5 are eliminated one by one and each one that is eliminated is itself used in an effect that furthers the story?

Or are you talking about using magician's choice five times in a row with different effects and presentations along the way? (that doesn't seem like a good idea to me).

How long of a show are doing?
Seems to me that with one magician's choice, a card force and a good story then you would have a satisfying full little show right there
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
I have to admit that I'm still confused.

I'm with ya, seadawg!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I wanted to do the magician's choice 5 times with 5 different effects, but that does seem like a bad idea. I then only have a card force to work with, some spongeball effect, some rope effects... not much.

It will take some creative thinking to get a nice wicca themed routine out of this one.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Go for it, man. Let us know how it turns out. I'm serious!

cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I'm in a wicca coven for my third year now, so this would turn out great.
Hawkcormyr
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
52 Posts

Profile of Hawkcormyr
As we are in the bizarre section I will list two simple effects from "Karnival of Magic" DVD from Tony Chris , that I like, as they let you build a story upon them and they would suit your requirements.
You have "Ceremony of the elements" and the "Path Taken" you can do both without giving away the method.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
So you have six (for example) 3 x 5 cards with various show scripts written on each. You have one card chosen (via force but seemingly unknown to you) and that card is placed in an envelope. Now you do your favorite show with the sponge balls, rope trick, etc. At the end of the show you check the other cards and they contain tricks you did not pereform. You open the envelope and it has the script for the show you just performed. Ta-dah!

Personally, I'd find it boring, but it meets the criteria you seem to have set for yourself.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Thanks for all the great suggestion guys. Hawkcormyr, thanks for the suggestion. I'd have to knock myself over the head for not thinking about those.
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Cirrus,
I am watching your posts on this form and mostly all you do is ask How To do this or that. This is pumping in the first degree and trying to learn from this good people and all for nothing!
I think enough is enough. You should start giving rather than taking.
You see I can "Read" you and I don't like what you do.
Roni
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2011-12-05 18:43, Roni wrote:
Cirrus,
I am watching your posts on this form and mostly all you do is ask How To do this or that. This is pumping in the first degree and trying to learn from this good people and all for nothing!
I think enough is enough. You should start giving rather than taking.
You see I can "Read" you and I don't like what you do.
Roni

Roni,I was just getting ready to post about going over to 'Penny' and asking the fine gents in the attic for some helpful hints!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thank you, Roni! I did my best to be nice, but someone had to "drop the hammer"

cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I thought this was a forum where people helped eachother, boy was I wrong. You probably have skipped the posts where I give tips or link you to a how-to I foun that could be helpful.

I know I ask a lot of questions, but that's what this forum is for? or am I wrong? I am one of the few bizarre magicians in my whole country, I'm the one and only in my whole magic club (100 and so members). So I think it's rather normal to ask questions, sorry if I don't do posts like "bla bla bla, approving someone, giving head in the process." you see these posts enough on this forum. I don't do material recycling. I have bought a few books already and I still haven't used someone elses material word for word.

I always have to work it out so I can perform it and the last few weeks I put together 4 set shows, and I didn't ask one question. The last few days I'm more active on the forum, and I am asking a few question giving me direction where to look. And I get hammered? Is this a witch-hunt?

Bizarre magic is more to me then only "look what I can do", and I only have seen "Look what I can do" in the six years I'm alreay into magic. I'm making babysteps in my career (if you can call it that) in bizarre magic, and you all are much more knowledgable then me, so I think it's normal that I ask a few questions. don't you? "Learn from the master, until you have learned enough to be the master.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Magicians helping magicians..........ka boooooooooom

Let’s talk about spiritualists, safe topic nobody will get upset about.............. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ways to dress up a magician's choice (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL