The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Hardware (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
I need a little help locating some hardware. I have two aluminum tubes about 36" long I want to orverlap the pieces by an inch or so and put a bolt through them so they can open to approx. 6' or close to approx. 3'. what I need is something to put between the two pieces so when I open them they stay in place. I don't want to put lock nuts because they always need to be tightened. any info would be great. Mike
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Tubes are square by the way.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Can you install a bullet catch?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Michael the only ones I have seen are for wood. don't know how I would go about putting them into the aluminum. I have to pull out an old carpenters ruler to see if I can come up with an idea from that. thanks Michael
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Any chance you have a photo you can post?
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
David I will post it tomorrow
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Most bullet catches that I've seen are set into a brass barrel with a flange at the top. I'd try to drill a hole that the barrel will fit through and the flange will not. I'd think a spot of something like Locktite Ultra Stick and Seal will keep them in place. All the pressure will be in a direction that will be to your advantage. Drill a corresponding hole in the other piece for the bullet to catch, and scrap the little strike plate that comes with it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
Bullet catches are dangerous! Several magicians have died attempting this trick. Oh wait... you mean the little ball type latches don't you? Never mind.

Seriously, perhaps a small hitch pin would work if this is something you are setting up before the performance and taking down after it is concluded.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Hardware (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL