The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Duane Laflin DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
I am relatively new to silk magic and am looking to add to my repertoire. Can anyone comment or review DVDs from Laflin Magic? I was looking at the Hank Ball DVD, perhaps the Silk Fountain DVD as well. Are there other resources that you might recommend.

Thanks,

Mark
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Mark, in my opinion Duane's DVDs are a great learning source. I do not have his Hank Ball DVD, but I do have his Silk Fountain DVD. It taught me how to make a silk fountain, and now I have made several that I use in my shows. I have several of Duane's other DVDs as well, and they are all good. I don't think you will go wrong with his DVDs.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Buy them. They are all worth the money.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Mark
I have most of them too and all of them are great. I learned the most from his teachings on how to handle a dye tube.
todd
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I agreed that they are good.

Mark, since you asked for additional resources, I would also recommend some of Peter White's (http://www.pasilks.com/index2.html) videos on silk magic. Unfortunately, Peter passed away a few months ago and do not know what the status is of P&A silks and the availability of those videos. But Peter offered a lot of valuable insights and tips on his videos.

And, if you do not have them already, I would also recommend the Rice Encyclopedia of Silk Magic volumes.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate your insights and willingness to share.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Duane Laflin DVDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL