We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Anyone performed in a Santa Clause outfit before? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Has anyone ever performed in a Santa Clause outfit before? I have in the past. I will be wearing one in two of my shows on Saturday.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
I helped Santa back in the 80's.
That was in my character days, which included gigs doing singing telegrams.

Ho Ho Ho.
I used a cross between a German and Hungarian accent.

Side note (g 7) Just watched Christmas Story last night. I hear you can buy a coffee mug in the shape of the "Leg Lamp". Now that would make an interesting "chop cup"!

We have a nearly normal family. My wife Catholic, I was raised Jewish. Yes that makes us "Cashews".

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah

Harris
celebrating both the "New and the Old Testament"
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2120 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I know theres a santa-hat change bag out there...I just cant remember who makes / sells it.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
When you wear a Santa costume you have no peripheral vision, you can't see where you are walking, and your mouth is full of Santa's beard. To perform in that outfit is extremely hard.

Lots of luck
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I seem to recall that Frances Marshall talked about Magical Santas in the Success Books (classics of magic literature). Or it could have been in one of her Kid Stuff books (more classics). I don't remember which volume, though (there are 4 volumes to the Success Books, and 6 volumes to the Kid Stuff books).

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5735 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I had a hard enough time performing in a santa hat. It was too much of a distraction and I won't do it again. I had to tape to my head to keep it in the right position. If I had a gig after that one, I'd have a problem - my hair was a sweaty mess with that on.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Hey Dynamike,

I know you are a mentalist (did you get "Performing mentalism for young minds" yet?), are you going to incorporate any of that into your Santa performance?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
I've done a few gigs over the years dressed as Santa. I have a real beard so I don't have to mees with a false one and since I'm used to performing in various type of outfits I didin't have any issues. The only thing I've learned is that one can't do sucker tricks as Santa.

What kid this close to Xmas is going to tell Santa that he's wrong and that block is on the other side?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2011-12-07 15:09, seadog93 wrote:
Hey Dynamike,

I know you are a mentalist (did you get "Performing mentalism for young minds" yet?), are you going to incorporate any of that into your Santa performance?

No I did not purchase it yet. I already have my Christmas shows permanently set for this year. I will include the book on my wish list so I will purchase it early next year. Thanks.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I have offered close-up in the past as Santa (back in the bad days when I did close-up). The costume does restrict you as does the beard. But it is possible. Best of luck with it.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2011-12-07 19:27, TonyB2009 wrote:
Best of luck with it.

coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
I just invented the Santa beard topit!!!! Get yours today!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Anyone performed in a Santa Clause outfit before? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL