The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Roger Nicot Cocktail Bar Cup - New? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Hi, which olives fit best with the bar cup?
Cocktail Size or Queen Size?

All the best
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
What's the difference between this and Porper's Cocktail Surprise? Except the price I mean... Smile
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
This looks nice but I purchased the older version just a couple of months ago and unfortunately my budget doesn’t allow for another set so soon. The only problem I have with the older one was the lack of any recess on the bottom so it is good that this has been added! Maybe in the future I'll get the newer set. In the meantime the older one works well for me.

Thanks!

Jim
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Roger is a buddy and I had a chance to handle his new cup at IMX. Both of my chopped olives work with this cup, it really just depends upon what size you prefer or whether you want to use a more standard sized olive.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Paul Richards at Elmwood Magic carries this here in the U.S. The demo looks incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2DrDD-Jy......embedded
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Thanks Zombie. Yep.... my good friend Paul at Elmwood Magic has them, my pal Donnie at RNT II has them AND I might get fired if I didn't mention... we have them here at Card-Shark USA, the direct distributor for http://www.Card-Shark.de!

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=191

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53_roDZok4c&feature=related

Thanks for everyones support! The response has been great!
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
This has become my favorite chop cup. I have found the aluminum cups to be a bit too light, and brass versions a bit too heavy for my tastes. The weight is just perfect for me and the stainless steel construction and cocktail shaker design does away with the magic prop stigma.

The slightly wide mouth area accepts a tennis ball sized load easily. There isn't anything to dislike about this item if you're into the chop cup.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Agreed Leo H. It is a worker...and makes sense.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Now if only Donnie can restock on those olives again...
Trentonmatthew
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Trentonmatthew
If anyone would like to sell their bar cup reloaded I have been looking for one for a very long time, please PM me, thanks!
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Shhhhhhhhhhhh...... The Bar Cup Reloaded is back in production in the UK and I have doubled the size of the liquid load. The pre-release price is $175.00 + shipping. After "Magic LIVE" the price will be $195.00
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2018, Roger Nicot wrote:
Shhhhhhhhhhhh...... The Bar Cup Reloaded is back in production in the UK and I have doubled the size of the liquid load. The pre-release price is $175.00 + shipping. After "Magic LIVE" the price will be $195.00

Could you convert that to pounds, shillings, and pence please? Out of respect for Brexit? Smile
Danny Crook
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Danny Crook
I am the elated owner of a new Bar Cup Reloaded unit and could not be more impressed. It holds way more liquid and is a dream to work with in every regard. Mr. Nicot offers exceptional customer service and the entire process was as amazing as the prop itself.

Contact the team over at airshipmagic.com if you'd like to go the Olives route, I ordered gimmicked/non-gimmicked pieces for this effect as well as for Jiggernaut.

Cheers!

Click here to view attached image.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I am trying to remember if I got this at the 2012 Genii convention or the 2015 Genii convention or it does not matter because reloaded came out in 2018?

Can you purchase the liquid load separate?

Danny good call on getting Jiggernaut as it ties in nicely.

RNT2 has a whole line of olive related items (jumbo, magnetic) check it out.

Go here:
https://www.rnt2.com/?subcats=Y&status=A......s.search

OPPS - Looks like they are out of stock on everything olive related. Well, let know you are interested.
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Hi Jerry.... Due to the fact that each is hand made and due to exacting tolerances; I would need your existing top and I can make the improvements to double the liquid load capacity. If you are interested in doing that, send an email to me at: roger@card-shark.de

As far as I know, RNT2 has discontinued their olive inventory. They were having problems with pigmentation not matching. Personally, a fake olive looks like a fake olive. Also, when you drop one into a cup, you get a resounding "Klunk". I have a friend that is actually putting a magnet in a Queen Size olive and doing the routine with real olives.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Roger, many thanks for the rapid response.
I am interested and will make plans in the near future to update my set.

Sorry to hear RNT2 stop their olive line. I had no problems with the product.
Call me a ham fist barbarian, but I really do not think anyone believes that the olives in use are real. That does not stop me from using them. Thankfully I purchased a lot of them!
The Gold Coin
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of The Gold Coin
Has anyone tried RNT2 chopped balls in the bar cup? Are they a good match?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Gold Coin! Welcome to the Café! RNT2 chopped balls are adjustable, so I cannot imagine them not being compatible.

Doug
The Gold Coin
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of The Gold Coin
I got some of the RNT2 balls. After a little adjustment they're just right in the bar cup.
Trentonmatthew
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Trentonmatthew
Hey Roger! I have heard that there may be a larger bar cup reloaded in the works, more like a full size shaker. Is that true?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Roger Nicot Cocktail Bar Cup - New? (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL