The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Third Man by Simon Edwards (re-released) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Ladies and gentlemen,

I am proud to announce the official 'public' re-launch of The Third Man.

Those who have subscribed to my mailing list have known for a little while, and my initial re-printed copies have sold out. Today the main set of books has arrived and I am glad to be able to make this effect available once more.

When I first launched the effect the book and other 'things' were met pretty well. There are some reviews knocking around, including one here at TalkMagic. There are other reviews on my site.

One thing that people asked me about, in the intervening year-and-a-half between selling the 100th limited edition and now, was the possibility of producing a bizarre version. Some people also wanted a very compact, wallet-sized version. I thought about it, researched it and decided that the current kit gives you everything you need to create your own.

I could cash in and produce Victorian versions and a version that uses business cards - but instead I will sell just the standard kit and provide free advice on how to produce your own custom versions. Some of that advice is included in the book anyway. But if you buy it and want to produce something unusual you just need to drop me an email and I'll reply.

Just remember this: you can use your own images. So if you don't like those supplied don't fret. And if you don't have the time and ability to print your own, I can do that for you too (although it will cost you more than taking a DIY approach).

Also, I'll only produce bespoke images for those who bought the effect from me directly. I am aware of a thriving second-hand market, but I'll only provide ongoing service to my own customers Smile

Thanks for your support over the previous few years. It's been a real pleasure dealing with all of you.

T.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
A great effect.

Yes I own it.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
As a subscriber of Simon's mailing list I was informed about the re-launch
of the "Third Man" a couple of weeks ago and I pre-ordered this true gem
right away after receiving his newsletter.

After that I was hoping that my order would be amongst the first batch that Simon would ship out.

And I was right.

At this moment the time in Athens is 1:10 p.m. and I just returned from my doorstep holding
a medium sized package/envelope in my ...shaky hands.

Yes, you guessed it right.

It is the "Third Man"!

I'll now open the envelope and take out carefully the props and the instructional
booklet to have first of all a quick look at them.

Afterwards I'll "reserach" its content thoroughly and let you know my thoughts about it.

Simon, a huge thank you for being so kind and helpful.

Your shipping was as fast as ...lightning speed (package arrived from the UK to Greece
within five calendar days!) and your customer service was at least excellent.

I think that you have to be a great guy and a true gentleman as well.

See all of you later guys!

Andrew J.K.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
Simon showed me this not to long ago.

Its a lovely effect. And there is loads of room for presentation to make this a wonderful performance piece.

Well done that man.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
www.facebook.com/walkaboutmagic
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
StJohn
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of StJohn
Oh right. This is out again now. Good to know it was not just hype.

Is this limited or always available now?
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Despite the recent minor controversy on another forum, The Third Man was never limited in the way that some effects are. Over a year ago I released 100 copies with the promise that I'd wait at least a year before re-releasing. It's now been 17 months since I sold the 100th copy and it is available once more.

Is it available for always? It's going to be available for as long as I care to keep it in stock. If I run out and lose interest, that's one thing, but I don't plan to restrict it purposefully in order to sell more copies.

St John, is there a personal problem here? PM me if there is, please. I don't think we've done business and I pride myself on customer service.
T.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I agree, when I bought this a year ago I recall Simon stating a hold on selling it for a year or whatever the time frame was. It was not touted as a limited edition.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Third Man by Simon Edwards (re-released) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL