The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » A truly SUPER DVD!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2977 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I have hundreds of DVDs in my library and I have to say Matthew J. Dowden's "Party Animal" is on the top shelf. I perform mostly restaurants and walk around gigs so if this is you or you would like to "BUY THIS"!!

Matthew performs in a bar/restaurant for real people and you see difficult spectators, those that lose interest in what he's doing and even those that catch him doing something and are not shy about pointing it out to him. Watching Matthew handle these spectators just makes me smile time and time again.

There is so much value in this DVD. Excellent effects and spins on other effects. For example, Anniversary Waltz. Matthew teaches his version for in the hands walk around with no table needed. Another is the Happy Birthday Card effect by Doc Eason where again Matthew teaches a really cool variation. Another worth mentioning is the Chicago Opener. Not much new in mechanics but the presentation is VERY entertaining.

I also like seeing Matthew executing the sleights (no camera angles, you see everything) as he is performing for the patrons. His misdirection/direction of attention is a joy to watch. He even performs a watch steal with the not so easy locking band style watch. Brilliant!! ( two performances on two different spectators)

Everything is taught and explained in detail!

He also goes over many of the moves such as the One Hand Top Palm, Classic Force, The Add-On Move and so much more with his subtleties and touches that are WOW! Little touches that make a big difference.

I would say that this DVD of the hundreds that I own is one of the best. Real people, real reactions, being able to see the moves and executions of the sleights, audience management and best of all Matthew's entertaining style. I give this a 10 plus rating because this is the kind of stuff I love to do. I don't know Matthew Dowden but I'm glad to have his DVD.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Yep, it's a goodie alright.
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
It's one of my favourites as well.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
www.facebook.com/walkaboutmagic
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1952 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Its a gem full of workers... On my top shelf too..
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2536 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Not a new DVD but agree one of my favorites
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of asherfox
His striking vanishing is perfect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » A truly SUPER DVD!! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL