The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » It's not about what you do...it's about you (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
I think Scott should adopt the full top hat and tails approach. And all hypnotists should look like this...

Paying attention, Anthony? Smile

Click here to view attached image.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Look into my eye!
(Kevin Eldon ftw btw)

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Scott's appearance fits his target audience. When I looked at Scott's videos in the past I didn't perceive a mismatch in approach.
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
This all bring up another topic of fitting your appearance to your audience for a higher end corporate audience you need to look the part just like if you are working a restaurant or service club each has its own challenges but being dressed the right way can help to curb people thinking that you are just some other weirdo
Learn how to build a bigger business at www.showbizsuccesssecrets.com
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
It is true that I dress for my target market. It is also true that my personality, education, work experience, and interests all fit to the market that I have chosen - which is the reason I chose the corporate market. My dress happens to fit my personality, my show, my intended image, and my target market (a great synergy).

If I was a different type of person, I would likely find a market that would best accept me for who I am and my dress would be altered accordingly. For example, I could never work a bar/nightclub, street busking, college, or comedy clubs (I think I would be destroyed!).

Saying this, let me be clear that I'm not trying to present myself as being the ideal. I am here to learn and discuss. I am simply a guy trying to take my business to the next level relentlessly one small step at a time. Check me out in 10 years time and may be positioned very differently if my learning influenced me to do such. If you wish to discuss me, that's fine but I would love to hear about what you've done as well.
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
Scott My image is being transfered over to that market right now because of the need to do less and make more. I have been in every market and when needed in bars and clubs I would wear jeans and a t shirt now however I rarly do that as I actually focus on two markets schools and corporate meetings. In my opinion if the image doesn't fit the market and audiance then I am just working against myself.

I am not saying there was anything wrong with the places I worked to get where I am but that it is a hell of a lot easier to work one corporate show for the price of ten bars. in my mind the switch was pure math and I am loving the corporate market simply because I have to behave better and I meet more interesting people with values closer to mine. the more I work the more I learn one day I will probably change again but for now its corporate and schools all the way.
Learn how to build a bigger business at www.showbizsuccesssecrets.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » It's not about what you do...it's about you (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL