The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New drug could cure nearly any viral infection!!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Just stumbled across this story... Researchers at MIT's Lincoln Lab have developed a technology/drug that is capable of curing VIRUSES!!!
If this comes to light this could be the biggest medical breakthrough since Penicillin. This is a very interesting story you can read the whole article here.

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2011/antiviral-0810.html

-Bobby Smile
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I hope someone doesn't post a Snopes link disputing the article!!!!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
No doubt - whatever it is - they'll have to spend about 100 years testing it to make sure its safe before it will be put to use! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Well, hope it is in use in our lifetime. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"No doubt - whatever it is - they'll have to spend about 100 years testing it to make sure its safe before it will be put to use! "

Not a bad thing. I remember going to school with thalidomide babies.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
I don't see it taking 100 years to test something like this. A decade or two at best. However something like this would be very costly I would imagine.

None the less its still very interesting.

-Bobby
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-12-19 12:47, BillMcCloskey wrote:
"No doubt - whatever it is - they'll have to spend about 100 years testing it to make sure its safe before it will be put to use! "

Not a bad thing. I remember going to school with thalidomide babies.

I used to play chess tournaments with a guy who had a horrible case of polio that he caught from the polio vaccine (early days).
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-12-15 21:31, atouchofmagic1 wrote:

Just stumbled across this story... Researchers at MIT's Lincoln Lab have developed a technology/drug that is capable of curing VIRUSES!!!

Just in time, because other researchers recently developed a virus that could kill us all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc......474.html

If there is any light to be made of this new killer flu, surely it is the fact that the U.S.Military is apparently upset that it was not involved in the development process.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
That's what they'd like you to believe...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New drug could cure nearly any viral infection!!!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL