The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Emotional Mentalism from Luca Volpe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
It really does! I love the idea in the psychometry routine where the audience memebers feel pulled up to participate! Read a little further and I got to the which hand style routines, I love the subtlety in it and will use it regardless if I perform the routine verbatim or not! Notice all the exclamation points, that is not just for show xP

-Jake
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Ok Here we go....

I can only echo what others have said this book will be a literary classic in simple but powerful mentalism.
My favorite so far has to be BOHT, I have tested this on my friends last night and nothing was discovered but amazement overflowed as I did it numerous times with differing props, I love the simplistic that moves people like this did.

I bought a singing bowl a few years ago, so when I try out the effects/routines which uses it I will reply on how well they were received.

I am thankful to Luca and the other contributors for putting together a wonderful work.

Warmest Regards
Dr Rob.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Ray, Jacke and Rob, thank you very much!
I know that after reading this book you will be a little "addicted" to all the "new age" stuff!
@Rob this was a huge project and I have to say thanks to all the people,that have believed in me!
Btw there is still space to be in the first 50 to receive the chakra set!
:)
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
27 copies left to get the chakra set!
Guys I am shocked about the feedback I am receiving on this book!We started the sells few days ago and is already going great!
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
I purchased a singing bowl after reading "The Sound of Dream Q&A" routine. Also,I'm thinking about integrating the "The Sound of Dream Q&A" concept with Richard Osterlind's Final Answer routine.
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 06:11, Natural Mystic wrote:
I purchased a singing bowl after reading "The Sound of Dream Q&A" routine. Also,I'm thinking about integrating the "The Sound of Dream Q&A" concept with Richard Osterlind's Final Answer routine.

The interested one can also mix Annemann´s Triple Telepathy with Sounds of Dreams and create something REALLY nice.

At least that´s one of the ways in which I use that.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 07:34, Amirá wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 06:11, Natural Mystic wrote:

The interested one can also mix Annemann´s Triple Telepathy with Sounds of Dreams and create something REALLY nice.

At least that´s one of the ways in which I use that.

Both are very good ideas!!!!

Ray
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Good ideas guys! The beauty of the routines in the book is that are really flexible, and once you know the "emotional method" is easy to use with other ideas or routines!
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Ok so sorry I have been so slow to make my way through this book, life has been hectic since getting back from Vegas! I have happily made my way through the whole book and got some really great inspiration, so I feel quite refreshed now! Ok but lets get into my kind of brief review of everything!

-So the book opens up with some very nice fowards and a really interesting brief look into some terms and ideas behind some new age ideas involving crystals, hydrotherapy, medicine bags, ect. which was very informative and kind of makes me want to look further into it, which honestly, is something I would never exspect myself to think.

-Crystal Psychometry: The book opens up with a really nice routine I mentioned in an earlier post which is a really logical psychometry routine, very simple but entirely too effective and a really interesting application of using a singing bowl to "call" the audience members which I will use regardless if I decide to fully use this routine.

-Sound Dream Q & A: Ok so I will mention this quite a bit, but dream absolutely facinate the general public like you have no idea how man people ask me if I can do dream interpretations and what not. This routine has a really powerful framing point in the way that it uses dreams, the fact that is a Q & A makes it that much more powerful. Once again it uses the singing bowl which adds a really elegant mystical look to the structure. Like on the last routine, regardless whether or not I use the methodology presented, the presentation and structure is something I will use in my work. Very cool and will facinate your audiences, nuff said.

-Emotional Energy: This is one of the most interesting takes on a touches style routine I have ever read and if you know me on here then you know of my sick obesession with PK touches. The workings of this made me smile a lot, the idea of the audience member actually feeling the energy from the envelop and locating the owner is a great idea and very mysifying. I liked this a lot and am definitely feeling incorperating this into my work.

-Past Life Regression: This a very interesting idea for a routine that I liked a lot (including a few subtleties I am going to add to a routine I do), this is another thing that when I mention a hypnotist I am always asked about so it naturally has a facination with an audience. Probably will use this one honestly, I think it is hard to overlook the power of a routine like this for a lay audience.

-The Body And Spirit Healing Programme And Suggestion: From the start when the books release was announced this something I found very interesting in the description. I will be incorperating this into my work, the idea of being able to heal a laymen of a minor physical or spiritual ailment will make you look like much more than your run of the mill mentalist. I see great potential in this and love it!

-The Crystals And Their Uses In "Medicine Crystal Therapy": This was a very nice breakdown of the crystals, their meanings and why they are said to work. While I am a bit skeptical to the idea of crystal healing, this was a great insightful look into how it is said to work and what not. I think I may look a little deeper into some new age ideas, this book really makes me wonder about how they can be incorperated into my work.

-The Stones Of Destiny: Ok so this is a which hand routine, but I love the subtlety Luca bases the routine around and that little idea is enough to make this routine great, add in the reading at the end and this will really entrance a lay audience. Very cool routine and once again, very emotionally charged!

-Findings By Scott Grossberg: This was a nice little essay full or ideas surrounding the which hand plot and reading based on them, there are a few cool little idea in here that are worth a look.

-BOHT: This is a cool idea, I will admit this isn't really anything super new, at least not in my eyes, but ties in very nicely with the routine before in the book and also as a stand alone effect. If anything I hope people take from this idea that there is no such think is too bold when you have the confedence to make it work.

-Astral Projection: Ok so I will not probably use the methodology in this one, but I love the premise of this piece! I know I have said this every other piece, but once again this is something I am asked about quite often especially since the release of the movie Insidious where astral projection is being brought back into the public's thoughts. Love the premise, but I will probably alter the methodology to work for me better.

-Dream Prediction: Like I said earlier, people really really love dreams and hold a natural facination to them for some reason! I mean, thinking like a layman, if I told them I was going to predict their dreams over the course of a week they would automaticly be facinated by the premise and idea! This one I know will get you gigs and get people talking, I cannot wait to unleash this upon an audience!

-The Energy Portal: This reads very very well and anything that leaves an audience in a state of empowerment automatically interests me. The pyramid as a center piece for this routine makes it sound very mystical and visually appealing to an audience, there is also a devious little piece of marketing built in that really made me smile.

-Pendulum Psychic Baby By Pablo Amir'a: This is another great example of something I am often asked about when I pull out a pendulum, I mean you predict the sex of someone's baby and possible even the name if you push it! My hats off to Mr. Amir'a, I do love his work on pendulums.

-Synchronized Dreams By Neal Scryer: This makes me really kick myself for not picking up Neal's work while it was out, this could easily get you plenty of gigs outside of just being an amazing piece of mentalism! PEOPLE LOVE DREAMS!!! I don't know how often I will say that in this review, I actually briefly mentioned this idea to a friend who I am going to try this on and her eyes lit up when I described to her what she would do and what would happen, she asked me about it literally ten times in the course of twenty minutes!

-The remainder of the book is on the structure of Luca's psychic parties as well as some business ideas surrounding them and some information on some other ideas from some of the new age thinking surrounding crystals, chakras and finger dowsing which only further my interest into some of the ideas surrounding new age healing.

Conclusion: Regardless of whether or not you like the idea of using crystal work or new age thinking, this book is chock full of exactly what the title says emotionally mentalism where you can really make a difference in your clients. I really love this book, Luca and his contributers have really created some amazing work in here that have inspired me quite a lot. I recommend this book, but only to people who are willing to put the time and thought into making these more than just routines or effects, but actual experiences that will make your audience truely question whether or not you are the real deal.

-Jake
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Wowo Jake!
what a great review! Thanks! I am really happy you enjoy the book!
Btw...this is already becoming a collector book....lol...
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
No problem Luca and I am not surprised about that at all, this is one of the works I can imagine looking back on for inpiration years from now. I haven't performed any of the material yet as I haven't had time to practice just yet (life is crazy right now trying to get noticed in the community) but I am going to go track down some supplies today to start getting everything down to a science! I hope everyone gets as much from this volume as I did, definitely one of my favorite books in my library and not your run of the mill mentalism books!

-Jake
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Smile
Thanks Jake! Please let me updated as soon you will perform some of the routines from the book!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Ok guys, the first 25 copies of the deluxe edtion are all gone!
so we have 25 left which include the free chakra set and then we have the last 50 copies.
75 copies in total left!
Thanks to all of you! We start the official sells few days ago and is already going very well!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Luca Just had to say I love your work you are a big asset to our industry.I can't wait for your future releases this was outstanding love it so much thank you.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thanks Carl!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Just a little update:
We have in Italy a big mess about taxes etc... so now there is a big strike for the transportation, this means that I am unable to ship the books right now. So,before place your order, send me an email, and I will tell you when I will be able to ship.Send to info@lucavolpe.com
Thanks!
Luca
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I've finished reading this wonderful treatise and agree its a gem (pun intended for crystal lovers)

Seriously, this is more than the usual run of the mill mentalism - this treads in the Zone of the spiritual realms - and can be devastatingly powerful... There are classic mentalism techniques to make things work but you can see that many of the routines don't really need them and you can get into the mystical imagination side to make things really rock.

My fav is the sounds of dreams with the Tibetan singing bowls.... Mostly because it's really neat title, concept and easy to do Smile - but think how captive it is to hear the sound of dreams....

As riggs would likely say - there is messiah process elements throughout this book.

I'll likely adapt many routines into a psychological framework to fit my style - but those who like going out as a shamanistic energy worker type will find this will fit your character without any major mods at all!,

This book is full of great ideas and Luca has gotten some major heavy hitters in our community to throw in nuances and routines...

I recall the stones of destiny as Luca sent me it last year as part of a carcosa contest Smile (hope you like the mummy cards still Luca Smile). But I didn't suspect Luca had this whole side of the mystical mentalist - keep it coming!!!!

As someone who usually uses dream motifs a lot for my bizarro routine, I salute my fellow dreamscaper on this wonderful book of insights, innovationsns and inspirations... Heck, I got to go buy a Big Tibetan Bowl ASAP!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Smile

Quote:
On 2012-01-24 22:55, Dr Spektor wrote:
I've finished reading this wonderful treatise and agree its a gem (pun intended for crystal lovers)

Seriously, this is more than the usual run of the mill mentalism - this treads in the Zone of the spiritual realms - and can be devastatingly powerful... There are classic mentalism techniques to make things work but you can see that many of the routines don't really need them and you can get into the mystical imagination side to make things really rock.

My fav is the sounds of dreams with the Tibetan singing bowls.... Mostly because it's really neat title, concept and easy to do Smile - but think how captive it is to hear the sound of dreams....

As riggs would likely say - there is messiah process elements throughout this book.

I'll likely adapt many routines into a psychological framework to fit my style - but those who like going out as a shamanistic energy worker type will find this will fit your character without any major mods at all!,

This book is full of great ideas and Luca has gotten some major heavy hitters in our community to throw in nuances and routines...

I recall the stones of destiny as Luca sent me it last year as part of a carcosa contest Smile (hope you like the mummy cards still Luca Smile). But I didn't suspect Luca had this whole side of the mystical mentalist - keep it coming!!!!

As someone who usually uses dream motifs a lot for my bizarro routine, I salute my fellow dreamscaper on this wonderful book of insights, innovationsns and inspirations... Heck, I got to go buy a Big Tibetan Bowl ASAP!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
MarcusSachse
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of MarcusSachse
Sounds interesting, maeby checking it out. Keep it up!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Emotional Mentalism from Luca Volpe (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL