The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Glad to see tv is coming up with fresh ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
The perfect example of uncreative rehash was last night's Charlie Brown 1 hour Show....drug out and paraded, like a cat with a dead rat, EVERY cliche associated with Charlie Brown. Paraded them one after the other, and none funny. No plot that I could see, more of a structure to hang boredom from.

I don't know who the intended audience was...not clever enough for adults, boring for kids. I keep wanting it to be better, it never is.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
And while it's a re-hashed, re-used storyline, GLAD has still found time to be incensed. So, after our discussion about the 'imagined' war on Christmas, maybe now we can also discuss the 'imagined' war on trans-genders!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
What exactly are you referring to? A google of GLAD Charlie Brown didn't turn up anything for me. Could you provide a link--I'd be curious.

As to the "imagined" war on transgendered people, are you saying that you think there is little or no discrimination against them?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well skipping over the last 2 posts because I am so confused I think what happens is a lot of times people like to be so clever and just don't want to be entertained. That way they can feel superior. That is how they are entertained.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Sorry Danny, the previous two posts by Rockwall and me really should have ended up in the war on Christmas thread.
So Rock, or others who want to continue down that line, I'll see you there. Smile
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2011-12-18 08:14, landmark wrote:
What exactly are you referring to? A google of GLAD Charlie Brown didn't turn up anything for me. Could you provide a link--I'd be curious.

As to the "imagined" war on transgendered people, are you saying that you think there is little or no discrimination against them?

Sorry, I meant to include the link with my post. It was late.
The post is in regards to the new sitcom so I would respectfully suggest it belongs under this topic.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/abc-un......it-33736
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
As a straight white guy, I'm offended that Archie Bunker was the butt of so many jokes in "All in The Family."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Well if it's appropriate in this day and age to bring back the cross-dressing comedy stereotype, why don't we bring back "Amos and Andy" while we're at it? Imagine, they could even cast Bill O'Reilly, in blackface, as the Kingfish!

But maybe that would be a bad idea. (Or am I just being too PC?)

:eek:
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-12-18 13:24, LobowolfXXX wrote:
As a straight white guy, I'm offended that Archie Bunker was the butt of so many jokes in "All in The Family."

Yes because we all know that straight white guys are an oppressed minority.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-12-18 14:49, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-18 13:24, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Yes because we all know that straight white guys are an oppressed minority.

I guess it just depends on your worldview.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
It's nice to know that no matter where I go, or what I do with my time, I can always come back here and everything will still be the same. I find comfort in this.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-12-18 16:53, critter wrote:
It's nice to know that no matter where I go, or what I do with my time, I can always come back here and everything will still be the same. I find comfort in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEhiNpyc2Ks

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Brilliant!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Glad to see tv is coming up with fresh ideas (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL