The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Has anyone read "Illusions for Princes and Paupers"? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
I am interested in purchasing this book but I wanted to know a couple of things about it. Does anyone know if it is quite expensive to build some of the illusions, and do you know if there are a lot of parts that are hard to obtain to build the illusions?

And finally, do you like the illusions and would it be a good book to invest in? Thank you, and hope everyone has a good night.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Just like most of Eugene Poinc's stuff, this book is a bit off the beaten path, but just like his other stuff, I really enjoy reading about his ideas and methods of presentation.

As for the illusions themselves, they are all pretty much "stage-sized", and would be expensive if you had a professional build them for you. If you are planning to build them yourself, you will need a good understanding of illusion principles, because there are not a lot of details included with the descriptions. There are a few that are variations on well-known principles, so these might not be too difficult to put together.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Has anyone read "Illusions for Princes and Paupers"? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL