We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bottle Hammer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
Hi folks.
I'm looking for information on bottle hammers. It seems this prediction device just vanished...
Any help will be apreciated.
Thanks
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Can you give a brief description of what a bottle hammer is? If you do, it might stir a memory, but right now I don't recall anything by that name.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
A "bottle hammer" is a prediction device mainly used for big events or newspaper predictions. The effect is that you present the audience with a prediction inside a glass bottle, the bottle is put on box, kept in custody of Mr. Someone, etc,.. like any big event prediction. When the day of the revelation arrives you bring a hammer with you and break the bottle to show everyone that you were right.

Although I've built one myself, I've never seen anything in print, just heard from some mentalists.Sometimes somepeople mention the item ( Like Lee Earle in his M. I. N. D. mentions that he has used one before) I then developed my own version of these but I'd like to know where to find some info on it's predecessors.
ESP Guy
View Profile
Regular user
Falls View, Vermont
137 Posts

Profile of ESP Guy
Fogel had his name linked to this effect which was sold by a number of dealers including Tannen's.

Thom
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
Thanks for the info about Fogel. Although I'm familiar with Fogel's work I didn't know his name was linked to this effect.

Anyone else....?
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I am not sure why these items are not used any more. I did read a description of the Fogel method I think in Phoenix, but don't quote me on that.
I am not sure if anyone makes them today. But like you I once made one and never used it.

Chad
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3009 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
John Riggs recently sold his, which I believe was a Fogel.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I do believe the Fogel method also used a specific type of bottle to complete the effect. Not a trick bottle, just one with a certain type of labeling which could be exploited. I think it was a Chianti bottle.

Chad
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
Thanks for the info Chad.
It seems I've improved the thing , since my model can use any bottle.. Smile
I'm not familiar with a Chianti bottle, perhaps due my nationality.
Would you please forgive my ignorance and explain what it is??
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Not that it's any help to you now but one went on Ebay a couple of months ago. It was a Fogel model. I missed it by a couple of dollars Smile
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
Just for the record Tony Corinda marketed Fogel's routine back in the late 50s. Smile
Wallace B
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bottle Hammer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL