The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Alright, mental flossers... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
...what am I doing wrong?

As long as I've been doing this stunt, I can't seem to get the end of the balloon to just pop into my mouth, as so many others do. I've tried coughing, clearing my throat, exhaling hard...no luck; all I seem to be able to do is shove the thing farther down my throat. I'd like to do this more gracefully than groping around in the back of my mouth, and accidentally grabbing my uvula, while I search around for the balloon.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Zagam
View Profile
New user
Silver Spring, Maryland
64 Posts

Profile of Zagam
My son does this trick. He just horks it up with a lot of gusto. Not smooth at all, it sounds like he's passing a lung and I feel like he could use an area in front of him labeled "splash zone" but he gets it out. I think he does it by starting to cough it up as soon as it gets to the back so it doesn't have a chance to continue down his throat. I'll check with him and post if he has any other info.
Lurchenstien
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
49 Posts

Profile of Lurchenstien
I put my middle finger and thumb in my mouth and grab the balloon straight off the back of the throat. I tend to get my finger and thumb on the back of my throat where the balloon is, so I can get behind it and move it forward and pinch it. When I was learning, I found that if I can feel the balloon on the back of my tongue when I swallow, it's a good position to be able to get hold of it. I've tried getting more of the balloon in then coughing it forward before, but I don't get along with it.
steve-pistolas
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of steve-pistolas
I had a big problem with this as well, I couldn't reach it with my fingers, in the end I found I had to put a lot of balloon down my throat and then cough hard, if theres not enough I found it doesn't come out as easy, maybe lean your head forward a bit helps as well
Zagam
View Profile
New user
Silver Spring, Maryland
64 Posts

Profile of Zagam
I asked my kid about this tonight, he says about the same thing as Steve, put more down than you think you need to. He said when he thinks he has enough in there, he needs to go more.
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
I think it's just a difference in Anatomy, I have to grab it or it just keeps going down the more I push, when my brother does it he doesn't have to grab it at all.
Lurchenstien
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
49 Posts

Profile of Lurchenstien
While on the subject of mental floss, what brand of balloons do people tend to use? Anyone had any issues with a particular brand? I've been mental flossing for a few years, I've always used Qualatex, never had a problem with them. I run out of balloons recently, the only ones I could find in town were Sempertex, so I figured I'd give them a try. I used one balloon, within an hour or so my nose and throat were really irritated, so I've decided to stay away from Sempertex.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Thanks for the info, gentlemen. I'll keep working on it.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
steve-pistolas
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of steve-pistolas
I use Qualatex mate
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Alright, mental flossers... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL