The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbits! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hello, I do believe that I will be getting a rabbit soon. I know that there are MANY appearances and vanishes with rabbits. Is there any other kind of effect that can be done with rabbits? I have seen rabbit wringer before. Maybe a cut and restored type of effect? Thank you! Smile
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
So far all I have seen are Appearances Vanishes and Transpositions.

I personally would avoid a cut and restored type of effect with a rabbit as it would appear to much like animal cruelty.

I do an appearance & vanish in my standard birthday show.
For stage shows I change a small rabbit into a very large rabbit.
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Ok Billy! Now that I think of it, the kids would not really like it. Thank You!
antonio2030
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of antonio2030
I had a rabbit in my show a while ago, I did produce it from a pan, but I would make it more of a "mental effect" I forced the rabbit from a change bag with several animal options and then force the rabbit, then produce it apparently by a free selection by spectator, just an idea that you might add to whatever you already might have
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Thanks Antonio! that's a great idea!
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
In my kids show I produce the rabbit at the end of the show, kids go nuts and I lose control when the rabbit appears! I know, I gave up trying to control those little monsters!
Life of Magic!
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hahahaha I know what you mean! When I perform snowstorm, the kids rush up like a fierce riot to play in the snow! LOL
windrunner
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of windrunner
An rabbit production is all you need. I have had the children charge the stage before. It sounds funny, but 300 kids climbing on the stage was a little scary. To answer your question, I have seen a magician have a rabbit pick a spectator's card. I am not sure, but it might of been Ken Scott. Check it out.
Bryan Blankenship
"the alter ego of"
VanDoren the Magician
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
I have not seen it but I have heard about training a rabbit to pick a card. I Would love to see it,,,,

Training a rabbit is simple, as long as you only try to train it to do things that rabbits do,
Grabbing something that is put in front of it is something a rabbit will do, if you find the right rabbit.

I had one that liked to play ball, I would roll a ball over and it would pick it up and toss it back at me.
Never did figure out how to get that into a show LOL
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Wow! that's fantastic! I would love to see one backflip! LOL
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Well, you didn't say it HAD to be a kids show so...

I used to use three rabbits in my *adult* cabaret show, black and white dwarves and a dutch. I'd usually produce the white and leave it out while continuing the act until it started to wander which gave me an excuse to put it into a gimmicked trashcan to 'keep it from running away.' Later on, I'd 'lose control' of a dove pan, drop the 'flames' into the trashcan, pop a flash and pull out the black rabbit. I also sawed two rabbits in half, mixed up the pieces and produced the dutch (black and white). Like I said, this was NOT a show for kids.

RIP Spot, Speck and Dudley - you were delicious!
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hahahaha that's a good act! I would have loved to see that! I am sorry to hear about your losses. Thanks for sharing!
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Thanks M&MM but this was the late 80's and they lived happy lives long after they were retired from the act. Spot (the all white rabbit) was a female dwarf but apparently her boyfriend Speck wasn't a true dwarf and she had problems delivering a littler that was too big for her. Cut to the chase: A $400 hysterectomy (in 1980's prices) on a $15 rabbit but that's just how we rolled. We loved our furry co-stars!

Quote:
On 2011-12-21 21:26, M&M Magic wrote:
Hahahaha that's a good act! I would have loved to see that! I am sorry to hear about your losses. Thanks for sharing!
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hahahah wow! What magicians do for their rabbits..... Smile
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
>> Hahahah wow! What magicians do for their rabbits.....

Tell me about it,,,,, Have you ever cleaned the litter pan for a 20lb rabbit?

It's a Hair Raising Experience.....
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
"It's a Hair Raising Experience," LOL . I have not cleaned up after a 20 lb rabbit! I Bet its interesting! Smile
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
>> I have not cleaned up after a 20 lb rabbit! I Bet its interesting!

I should have Mike Rowe come over and do it... It is a Dirty Job.

It all goes out to the compost pile for next years garden, you should see the size of the zucchini I got this summer.
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hahaha I bet! You could probably grow a whole farm!
mikedobias
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of mikedobias
I wouldn't do a rabbit vanish for kids--they'll be worried and want to know where the rabbit went, if it's OK, etc.--unless you later make it appear. I use a rabbit wringer in reverse to change a rabbit silk (never call it a silk in public, but that's another topic...) into a live rabbit.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
I like the 3 rabbit act.
Life of Magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbits! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL