The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbits! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Whats that Leland? Smile
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Mike: that's a good idea! And yes..... call it a Handkerchief!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5711 Posts

Profile of Regan
"The Bunny Book For Magicians" might give you some ideas.
Mister Mystery
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Assuming you were referring to me, Leland, thank you. The black, white, and Dutch (black & white) made for a lot of possibilities as well as a lot of fertilizer. Those three rabbits were troupers. They were blown up, sawed in half, changed into doves, changed into doves badly (reappearing as bunnies in angel wings), wore little devil horns and angel wings in a good conscience/bad conscience routine, were made to work as backup singers and baked in an easy bake oven to be reintroduced as a pan of hassenpfeffer.

I caution you, however, that the Used Rabbit Salesman lied when he convinced me taht three are as easy to take care of as one. It's actually five times harder. Their attitudes and relationships would have made for a great reality show, The Real Housepets of Orange County (NY) maybe?
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-12-22 14:06, btedeski wrote:
>> Hahahah wow! What magicians do for their rabbits.....

Tell me about it,,,,, Have you ever cleaned the litter pan for a 20lb rabbit?

It's a Hair Raising Experience.....

I would like to know what trick will a 20 pound rabbit fit into !!!!! LOL
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Well, you start out with a greased broiler pan and ten strips of bacon...
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
I will just ignore Joe, because rabbits are better in stew never broiled.

Howie,

I build a modified Blamo Box to vanish a small rabbit and produce Tiny
Attaching a pic of the box sitting down in the garage.

Click here to view attached image.
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Shame on you, you're from Pennsylvania! Haven't you ever had Hassenpfeffer?
Joe Leo

www.MisfitMysteries.com
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
Hassen pfeffer?? is he related to Michelle Pfeiffer?

Joe

Hassenpfeffer is German....
My Mother was German, my Father Italian, I have my fathers taste in food. so I say No to Hassenpfeffer.

Best advice my Father gave me - "Never marry an Italian girl", he then pointed to his Mother and Sisters as examples to why....
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
As I get ready to renew my USDA license for the 2 rabbits I own, I just want to remind magicians that use rabbits in their shows that they are suppose to have a license.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Wizardpa, all is well without rabbit inspections.gave a detailed list to our agent of our travels with our rabbit. They showed up for inspections on the fairgrounds and we passed with flying colors. Even went and had some good fair food with the inspectors...lol.thanks for the reminders
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Oops meant to type" with our" not without......sorry guys and gals. Learning to type on tablet while on the road
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Doing mostly shows for private individuals, I doubt if I would have ever been gigged for this. But, like the Halloween show I did for a private schools fair in a public park, I would hate to happen to have a USDA inspector be there.
For me the whole experience of getting a license was easier then I expected it to be.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Wizardpa. you are very correct. There is really nothing to this. the usda agents really understand what we are doing, and are not really trying to make this hard on us at all, They will work with you, and they totally understand how silly it may be just to pop in for a suprise inspection for just a rabbit. They are really more concerned with Roadside Zoos and there breeding for profit and creating more critters than they can care for. The good part is the matter of fact is we simply care for the well being of our pets, and they are exactly that... pets..... not props. I am just wondering will I need a license for my new Talking Toucan from Steve Axtell....LOLKeep up your good work Wizardpa
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I'm doing one of the first things that one needs to do, in getting, or renewing a license for their rabbits
on Monday. That is, taking my rabbits to the vet for their annual checkup. After that, it is just a matter of sending in my $40 fee, and then eventually having my inspector visit me. Nothing has changed since his last visit, so that will be no problem.

I will say one of the great things about my Talking Toucan, is unlike my wife, Taco agrees with everything I say.LOL!!!!

Chris, you will love the responses you get when you bring out your Toucan.
204rags
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of 204rags
One acpect of using rabbits is the breed to use. Early on I found out that what I needed was a rabbit to fit into my production equipment. For this I needed a "dwarf" rabbit. In the small town of Eden, NC I found a dwarf rabbit breeder who raised them to sell for their meat believe it or not. The picture in my head once I decided to use a real live rabbit was of Burling Volta Hull (inventor of the Svengali deck) bringing in this huge rabbit into a convention show in Greensboro, NC when I was a teenager.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
When I bought my first bunny from a breeder, I was assured that the rabbit would not get big. But she did get big, too big to fit into my props. Luckily, I'm handy at building things and I used the old production props to build bigger ones, so that my bunny could now fit into them.

The nest bunny I bought, I made sure of what I was buying, even seeing the mother, father, and even the grandparents. I bought a Netherland Dwarf rabbit.

Now, having 2 rabbits, one large and one small, I'm able to do many interesting things like changing a big rabbit into a smaller one or the other way around.
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Awesome, appetizer AND entree!

I do have a post earlier in this thread about a very real danger of having a dwarf who is not a true dwarf (for those late to the party). I won't repeat it again, but only reference it to echo the importance of getting your Dwarf from a breeder as these guys have said rather than a pet shop.

I miss my bunnies. Smile
Joe Leo

www.MisfitMysteries.com
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1639 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2012-03-03 09:13, wizardpa wrote:
I'm doing one of the first things that one needs to do, in getting, or renewing a license for their rabbits
on Monday. That is, taking my rabbits to the vet for their annual checkup. After that, it is just a matter of sending in my $40 fee, and then eventually having my inspector visit me. Nothing has changed since his last visit, so that will be no problem.

I will say one of the great things about my Talking Toucan, is unlike my wife, Taco agrees with everything I say.LOL!!!!

Chris, you will love the responses you get when you bring out your Toucan.

Hi Wizardpa.
A license to own a bunny?
I live in Toronto Canada and we don't need a license to own one.
Is this something that came ou recently?
I guess the Government is trying to find ways to bring in momey.
Tricky Ricky
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
>> A license to own a bunny?

not to own, but to use in a show,

Here in the US you have to have a license to use any animal in a show.
I do not know if Canada has that requirement or not

Bill T
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbits! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL