The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Public Speaking Mentalists (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Words of Wisdom Eric.

One thing about TM. I have visited several clubs and I am a member. I see older established clubs members as having inflating egos as Scott has noticed. I see the exact opposite in feedback though and how they perceive regular established members. TM has a speaker of the night at the end of each meeting. This is where members vote. I see some of the worse presentations get voted best speaker of the night over and over. I know this is not the norm for all clubs but I even brought a guest with me one time to see if it was just me. The same response. Established members have to complete assignments and must present speeches regularly to move up the ranks to DTM. The voting must be a way of boosting confidence. Checking one's ego at the door is advised if you ever come across one of these. There are so many clubs all over though, so its easy to join another every six months if the travel time is not too far. For me, its about 3 hours out of my schedule each week and it gets very tough after a while to make it. Some never miss and I think it is more of a social issue with those types.

I still recommend TM overall but I think if one can afford it, personal coaching is the best route. TM can help just about any performer but after a while, I think of them as a magic club. I am sure there are some excellent TM clubs around and I have heard from others about professional type business presenter type members at those clubs. Personally, I still prefer real audiences and their reviews. I know my weaknesses and work on them. The only way anyone can get better is to practice speaking. My mentalism shows are not just a hodge podge of effects and demonstrations. I try to create more and more of a story and take away from my entertainment, even strolling.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Public Speaking Mentalists (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL