We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rethink Impossible (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Has anybody bought this or seen it and can offer an opinion?

You can see a demo at http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......POSSIBLE

The demo seems to say that the glass can be unwrapped by the spectator, and that it will work at a distance -- both hard conditions to imagine, but hey . . . maybe it's true!

Thanks!
Jerry
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t know, Jerry. The price seems a little high if it doesn’t do what it says and is instead something where you need to be in contact with it while the spec holds it. At the same time, the price is too low for any decent electronics w/remote to be included.

Perhaps something with a primitive delay switch? Or... maybe the coin is in the glass from the time you cover it and the sound is added with a "Handy Coin Sound" device?

http://themagicwarehouse.com/TA6891/Handy-Sounds.html

Thanks!

Jim
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Hi Jim,

Yeah, the sound thing occurred to me too. But I just rewatched the demo, and it says you can put the glass in a girl's hand, and that she can be across the room when you make a coin vanish, which then is heard to land in the glass. At that point, "They can take it apart and everything can be fully examined." It also says that there's a bonus routine in which you can use a signed coin.

This doesn't really seem possible as described. Any gimmick in the glass or hank (dropper, sound gizmo) would be discovered when the spectator uncovers the glass.. A sound device across the room from the glass couldn't possibly be convincing.

So hmmm....

Cheers,
Jerry

P.S. The "Handy Coin Sound" device was panned here on the Café as generating way too faint a sound. But apparently it has been improved -- see http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=0#23
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Guys,
The sound you hear is the coin actually hitting the bottom of the glass. You can be across the room and "toss" the coin into the glass. there are no hook ups. what you see in the video is what the audiance will see...
Patrick
Suren
View Profile
Veteran user
Armenia
314 Posts

Profile of Suren
I don't think that this will get good reactions. Though method would be interesting to play with.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1624 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2011-12-20 11:05, paw wrote:
Hey Guys,
The sound you hear is the coin actually hitting the bottom of the glass. You can be across the room and "toss" the coin into the glass. there are no hook ups. what you see in the video is what the audiance will see...
Patrick

Paw is correct.
I received mine yesterday.
The set up is made to fit a USA half. I've adjusted mine to fit a old version of a Canadian Silver Dollar, they are quite heavy and gives off a loud thud hitting the glass bottom.
The coin actually falls into the glass and you can have the coin signed. Glass and handkerchief is not gimmicked in anyway. You hand them everything after the coin appearance.
Ricky
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1307 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2011-12-22 09:26, TrickyRicky wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-20 11:05, paw wrote:
Hey Guys,
Patrick

Paw is correct.
I received mine yesterday.
The set up is made to fit a USA half. I've adjusted mine to fit a old version of a Canadian Silver Dollar, they are quite heavy and gives off a loud thud hitting the glass bottom.
The coin actually falls into the glass and you can have the coin signed. Glass and handkerchief is not gimmicked in anyway. You hand them everything after the coin appearance.
Ricky

I have to say that there is just one item that needs clarifying here, who removes the hank, the spectator or the magician ?
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I am interested on this prop. Is there any other prop involve not seen from the demo ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rethink Impossible (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL