We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I finally did it (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Hello everyone.....I just got into hypnotism and I read up a lot on it. I practiced on my friend the first time and it worked OK. The second time I did it on 3 of my friends at the same time and it worked great. Last night I did it to my girlfriend and it was perfect. Smile The thing is....I just induce them and bring them back from total relaxation. I know some elimination tests, but don't know how to induce them. Can someone please PM me or write some tests and how to do them please Smile Thank you.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Hypno
View Profile
Regular user
England
118 Posts

Profile of Hypno
What kind of tests are you looking for ? There are many routines listed in The Encyclopedia Of Stage Hypnotism by Ormond McGill.
Dave
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

I have a bunch of ebooks from friends. Hypnosis for beginners, master stage hypnosis, advanced hypnotic techniques, informative hypnosis lecture, hypnosis monologues. A few others.....I'm looking for something funny. Something simple though, I am not on a stage, just in a bedroom with a few friends.I don't know if they are really hypnotised or not. Where I read, the common signs were twitching of the eyes, shaking, and getting chills. What should I look for? How do I know if they are really hypnotised or not? So far, I think I have all successes.
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
From a performance standpoint, one way to approach this is to not worry about if they are hyptnotized or not.

Use several volunteers at once and have them act out things. You are cold, very cold, you feel like you are in a freezing meatlocker...

Now you are on the beach being warmed by the midday sun...it is getting hotter and hotter...

Come up with creative "Act outs" for the premise you have created. For more on this general idea, see the Comedy Bible by Judy Carpenter.

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I just saw Chris Carter doing some hypno. WATCH OUT! I can see why people say that you need insurance doing this. The people really act out. Batman almost slugged some guy in the audience (Trust me this makes sense if you've seen the show).
Hypno
View Profile
Regular user
England
118 Posts

Profile of Hypno
When creating a new routine for your hypno show you need to consider that some of the people that you hypnotise may not be particularly funny people so try to make sure that the routine will be funny even if your subject turns out to not be very creative. Also I am sure I do not need to say this, but always ensure that any routine planned will not cause any distress or discomfort to your subject.
David
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
Quote:
On 2003-09-15 13:55, Dr_Zodiac wrote:
I just saw Chris Carter doing some hypno. WATCH OUT! I can see why people say that you need insurance doing this. The people really act out. Batman almost slugged some guy in the audience (Trust me this makes sense if you've seen the show).

I wasn't there, so I can't comment on Chris Carters show. I'm sure, with his skill and abilities, this was a one-off incident. However....

There are too many folks out there who teach but have zero background in performing giving out horrendous advice. Dangerous advice.

You must plan your show backwards. You must look out for any and EVERY possible danger and plan to make sure injury and violence never occur.

I have a strongly worded and strictly enforced series of suggestions banning violence of any kind in my show.

Please, be careful when giving any kind of suggestion.

Blair

Stage Hypnosis Secrets Revealed:www.Mental-List.com/masterhypnosis.htm
Stuart Cumberland
christopher carter
View Profile
Special user
660 Posts

Profile of christopher carter
Quote:

I have a strongly worded and strictly enforced series of suggestions banning violence of any kind in my show.

I'd just like to report that I have a similar procedure. Without going into detail on the Batman bit, the man is instructed to act in a "nonviolent, but batman-like fashion." In the show referenced, Batman wasn't even close to actually slugging anybody. Still, as you know, college kids can get a little rowdy. Safety should always be a central issue.

--Chris
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Has anything violent ever happen? I have to admit that the show was awesome, but it may have been just me being new to hypno. Emotions do get igh though in the show. Its amazing how indepth and emotional the show gets. Once again the show was the best I've seen.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Ok I've hypnotised my girlfriend twice. I got her into a really deep trance but didn't know what to do after that. I want to mess with her and make her do stuff, but I just don't know how to induce or what to do completely.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Go to amazon.com, search for Ormond McGill and the biggest and most important step you will ever do in regards to hypnotism: Order 'The New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism'!

Order 'The New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism'!

Once you get that inside your head there's no turning back. (no pun intended)

Seriously, it's quite an investment but it covers everything from performing aspects to theory.

I can only show you the door, you have to walk through it!
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Thank you Smile I'll look up on that.
noncom
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham, UK
125 Posts

Profile of noncom
Quote:
On 2003-09-19 08:30, djvirtualreality wrote:
Ok I've hypnotised my girlfriend twice. I got her into a really deep trance but didn't know what to do after that. I want to mess with her and make her do stuff, but I just don't know how to induce or what to do completely.

Um, does anyone else here find this guy a bit disturbing??????

Andy
It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it - Bananarama.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Hypnotism should be handled with responsibility. "With great power comes great responsibility!". One other thing, when a person is hypnotised, they will not carry out your suggestion if they believe it is morally wrong. they don't give up total control.

Good luck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I finally did it (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL