The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » This Just In! The Official Hobbit Trailer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
No curse, it's called indifference silly.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I LOVE the LOTR movies. I don't know if they're my all-time favorites, but they are in the conversation. I saw them multiple times in the theater, I got them on DVD, and then I got them on Blue-Ray. I've watched them many times, and I love them EVERY time. I also read the books many times, and I loved them EVERY time. (I also have the trilogy on cassette tape--used to listen to it on road trips).

I can't wait for "The Hobbit!" I LOVE Tolkien! But then, I also love the rest of The Inklings, as well as Chesterton, and MacDonald, and...
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Wow....next year looks like it's gonna be a GRRRREEEAAATTT year for movies....The Hobbit, The Hunger Games, The Dark Knight Rises...what else??? I'm so excited.

I've been a LOTR fan ever since I watched the first movie a few years ago when I got it for Christmas. I loved the movie soooooooo much that I watched the other two....multiple times each. Then I read the books (including the Hobbit. That was tough for me, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

After seeing the movies, I was surprised at how close the movies were to the books, almost line-for-line it seemed to me.
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
The Hobbit was one of my favorite books as a child.

I, too, could never get through the LOTR trilogy.

But I loved the LOTR movies, and this Hobbit looks like it will not disappoint.

I'm getting geeked out now.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Holy ****, this looks great!

I like the Hobbit more than LOTR and I always wished they had done the Hobbit.

I grew up with a box set of the BBC audio tapes of the Hobbit and LOTR, acted out by a full cast. I literally listened to it dozens of times.
Actually I was just thinking yesterday, completely independent of this thread, of listening to them again.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I liked the LOTR movies as well. Especially the third one because everybody had their big moment. I learned to read primarily with the Hobbit book and record. I'm gonna' watch this.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I have not one negative comment as to the LOTR Films....
I'm looking forward to this series as well.

I never read the Hobbit series. Dad didn't want me to lose any books,
so I never had a library card. Now they call me "Wallstreet" because
I read everything in sight to make up for my lack during youth.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
The Hobbit trailer looked better to me than I expected. The LOTR films were great, but not as great as the book. For what it's worth.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » This Just In! The Official Hobbit Trailer (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL