The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Jim Ravel's, Ricki Dunn's or Pierre Jacques? which one? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leolaurindo
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of leolaurindo
Hi, I'm performing magic for about 2 years now, and I want something new, so I decided to study pickpocketing and body loading.
I am totally a beginner in this area so I decided to search books (which I think is better than DVDs when you're beginning in something, maybe I'm wrong).
So, after searching a bit I found these three books that apparently are "best" than the others.
But I can just buy one of them...
So I'm here to ask which book should I buy: Jim Ravel's Theatrical Pickpocket, Pierre Jacques "Complete Course in pick pocketing" or Ricki Dunn's Professional Stage Pickpocket?
What are the differences between then? which one contain more tips in misdirection? which one is "best" for beginners? Which one should I buy and why?

Please help me,
Thank you Smile
FuManChu
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of FuManChu
Hey,

I am too looking into this field.

You may want to look here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=189&8

Ricki Dunn`s book is very good. I am reading it currently. I would recommend it so far.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
If you can, try and get all three. If you can only afford one, start with Ricky Dunn's book. Then either the Ravel or the Jacques book next.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Jim Ravel's, Ricki Dunn's or Pierre Jacques? which one? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL