We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » I have no clue where this goes!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Hey guys
This is a show I performed for adults (and a few kids) and I would LOVE to get as much feedback on it as I can!!!

Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORex0qS2......a_player

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3EDp6Jw......a_player

Thanks in advance,
MagicMaddy

P.S. sorry again about putting it in this topic :/
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2820 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I think you did a great job. nice effects, great confidence and the audience really seemed to enjoy the show!! keep it up!!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Thank you so much lunatik!! Smile
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2088 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi MagicMaddy,

I enjoyed watching your show very much. You have an excellent stage presence and rapport with your audience. Great job with the ropes Smile

Regards, Steve
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Thanks Steve Smile
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Maddy, after the psychological handing out of the board, it would be great to follow up like you did, using the latex hammer and actually toss it out!! That would kill.

Thanks for posting. Nice work!
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Excellent!

Really brought me back to my childhood, when the magicians I saw at school or at church functions first made me want to do magic myself. One of those was the great David Ginn -- I lived in a small town on the outskirts of Atlanta, so I got to see him at my elementary school multiple times. Your style is different from his, but your ease and humor with kids and volunteers reminds me of him.

Good act! I think you can go as far with magic as you choose to.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1022 Posts

Profile of helder
One word: WOW. Great act. You have everything, presence, humor, rythm, good tone of voice and notion of act design. This is an act I would have at my party, for sure. Thanks and keep it up.
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1022 Posts

Profile of helder
Only one thing, the ''nailed'' card you show in the end it's torn? Can't see well...but for make sense have to be.
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Good job, you seemed very relaxed and enjoying yourself.. Bravo
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2011-12-23 08:24, helder wrote:
Only one thing, the ''nailed'' card you show in the end it's torn? Can't see well...but for make sense have to be.

Yes the nailed card is torn at the end Smile and thanks so much for the very very kind comments everyone!!! Smile
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Only watched the first half, but you did a WONDERFUL job. Great pace, very entertaining!
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Andrew_N
View Profile
New user
Sweden
43 Posts

Profile of Andrew_N
I really liked it. Nice humor, nice handling and good presentations.
Keep it up! Merry christmas!

Andrew
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Thank you GeneTony and Andrew!!!! :] merry Christmas guys.
MagicDr
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
111 Posts

Profile of MagicDr
I saw a little Gregory Wilson influence in there. I like it!

edit: Where is rope routine from?
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2011-12-23 14:24, MagicDr wrote:
I saw a little Gregory Wilson influence in there. I like it!

edit: Where is rope routine from?

Thanks Smile and it is Richard Sander's Fiber Optics.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Very entertaining! Don't throw away the endings. Let them sink in and give the people a chance to clap to your face. Streamline your blocking. Try to eliminate unnecessary movement. The ring vanish wasn't clear due to over handling of the props. Don't put so much emphasis on the hands exchanging the ring, that is unimportant. Be looking for your paper when that is going on. Read more Vernon and Ortiz. I love what you're doing in general. I think it will benefit from editing and refining.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » I have no clue where this goes!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL