The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » More Power To You -- The Best Of David Acer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
So I guess this is now out! I haven't heard much about it but I expect it's fantastic. 29 old and new tricks by David Acer. I'm holding off buying it until I see David at Magi Fest but I was wondering if anyone had a copy and what your thoughts are on the book.

Can be purchased here: http://www.magicbookshop.com/product_inf......id=16350

I love David's magic. Super clever, easy to do and very practical. He also pays really well for plugging his stuff on the Café!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Ditto!

Mines on the way.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
He pays well? But only in canadian money... I mean really... Ya might as well get paid in soup labels...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Very true. Lesson learned!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
More Power To You, is on its way together with Tom Stone's Maelstrom, they should arrive any day now hopefully.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
I got my book a week ago. There are 29 old and new tricks, plus 3 bonus street magic effects, in the book. For card workers, you may want to know there are 13 card effects in the book.

Overall, the effects are all very solid and they are based on David Acer's previous materials. You may be familiar with some effects like Around the World in Eighty Dollars, Time Flies, Nomen Omen etc. There are 2 'stage' effects which close-up workers may not perform but it's fun to learn them.

Technically speaking, it is not a book for beginner and it needs strong presentation skill (though no need to be as strong as David's) to unleash the full potential of the tricks. No trick is difficult to do but practice is for-sure necessary. Some effects, like Overtime, is super easy to do and plays very well. And The Trinary Cut is by far one of the easiest and visual in-hand false cut I've ever seen and still use todays. The last effect 'The Gift of the Magi' is a christmas effect with templates given as a separate sheet, you will enjoy this effect if you could get it before Christmas (I doubt how many magicians have bought the book the first day it released like I did though...) But if you could not get the book in time, you can use the effect in next Christmas. It's a timeless effect!

The book is 182 pages and the writing style is, as you expected, very entertaining. I would recommend this book to any close-up worker.

Btw, you can watch a few effects performed by David here.

http://www.davidacer.com/david-acer-magi......you.html

Alex Hui
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Mine is wrapped and under the tree. Love David's material and thinking. Plus I purchased it from a Canadian magic shop and they accepted soup labels and a couple of bucks worth of Canadian Tire money.

John
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I'm a David Acer nut so to me just reading it is worth the American dollars. It is hard to make claims about it's "magic" value if you have (as I do) all of his previous books and DVDs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » More Power To You -- The Best Of David Acer (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL