The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Please Help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
Hello all,

I am a childrens performer and I enjoy close up magic. I am looking for a stage size prop that I could either build or rent from somone.

My wedding has a "Magic" theme to it and I would like to make a magical appearence into the party. I am looking for a box that could be shown empty and then my wife and I will appear inside of it.

I have looked into a "Modern Cabinet" but it seems like there might not be enough room for both of us including her puffy dress.

Does anyone have any ideas on what illusion would work and where I could find one?

Thanks,
Dan
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Check out Mark Wilson's Encyclopedia of Magic. He has a whole section devoted to make at home magic. You might also consider the giant mirror you can walk through with a sheet. Louis Dematos used this on World's Greatest Magic 2
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
How about a blue room illusion effect? A visual picture of the two of you in normal clothes, a transition through lighting control and you come out together in wedding attire. (The human to ape illusion, or werewolf change illuion, or....those halloween side-show effects/principles.)
Dennis Michael
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Thanks guys for the thoughts. I like that Idea DenDowhy. Do you know where I can find instructions on how to create this effect?

Thanks,
Daniel J.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Check out "How to Operate a Financially Success......use". You don't need the other books on this site and you can find the book cheaper elsewhere.

This book shows you numerous ideas, however, it does not have specufuc plans.

Now I believe in Paul Osborne's "Haunted House Illusions" he does have a plan for the blue room effect. It operates on a 45 degree glass barrier where light fades in and out on each side of the glass creating thar illusion you are looking for.
Dennis Michael
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
For general interest, this technique was used as an early form of special effects in the movies. Schufftan, a German filmmaker, "created" this special effect shot for the cinema. I have used it also for making very effective special effects shots in various films.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
Tannens has A LOT of plans. Go to http://www.tannens.com and click their "illusions & workshop plans" link. Smile
Zaubern Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You can also try "Flash Appearance." I use it at the end of my act, making the bride and groom appear at the reception.
Luis Sirgado
View Profile
New user
Portugal
90 Posts

Profile of Luis Sirgado
Jordini, he can´t do the effect that luis de matos does, because the number have royalties, and I think is no longer in the market.
"One of the greatest accomplishments of magicians in the last century is the ability to take something inherently profound and render it trivial."

-Max Maven-
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Actually, it would be possible to use the Walking Through a Mirror a la Mr. de Matos. It is manufactured and sold by Wellington Enterprises for a little under $6K.
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Jordini, he's named Luís de Matos
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Here is more info on the Flash Appearance:
http://www.tilfordillusions.com/chameleon.html
First call Tilford to see if he can order it for you in time. Also try and see if any magician builers can make you the illusion. If you find any, I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper because Tilford is the middle man.

Smile

I almost forgot. Try placing a post under "Stage illusions for sell or trade." Some one else might have one for sell.
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Thanks Dynamike,

This is exactly what I was looking for. Yet another problem solved here at The Magic Café.

Thanks
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Check out Oct 2003, Magic Magazine, page 26, Wedding Wizardy. Devlin floats is wife!

On Oct 24th, at 2PM, The Learning Channel (TLC) will air this magical wedding. My guess one could get some good ideas here!
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Please Help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL