The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » "HAPPY NEW YEAR " Silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
I am looking for a 36 inch silk with "HAPPY NEW YEAR " on it, does anyone know where I can buy one?
Thanks.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
One of these Rabbit in Tuxedo silks from Madhatter Magic and some color Sharpie pens.
http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......_id=5023

In the white spaces on the 36 inch silk, use the color Sharpie pens to write "Happy New Year" in block letters.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
Good suggetion, but I need a more professional lettering job.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Foolish me. I thought you meant you wanted the silk for this New Year, 2012. Since it is for January 2013, you have plenty of time to locate, purchase and have mailed to you the exact silk you need with professional lettering, whatever that is (I guess that means you pay someone else to do a better job of lettering than you can do yourself with your computer as a guide). Good luck in 2012.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Bob Sanders can give you some tips to mark on silk with a Sharpie. I have heard you can do a better job by can using one of those 'hoops' for embroidering to hold the silk taut as you write your message. I haven't tried it, so I don't know how well it works. I have used colored markers on silks, but only to color in some white areas so I could have colors that matched something in my routines. A yellow highlite marker gave me the best results of anything I have tried so far.

I have never tried lettering, so I can't really say how it would work for sure, but with my experience of coloring silks I believe it would be difficult for me to do a real professional looking job. The biggest thing I would worry about would be the ink bleeding and going places where you don't want it to go. It seems sharp lines would be difficult. It may be best to use a marker with a fine point, and probably one that is not so new. Even in coloring silks I find that a used marker with ink that is a little....not dry....but dryer, and not quite as fresh as a brand new one worked best for me. I keep the marker well off the outline at first until I see how far it might bleed. Having an outline, which is usually black makes it fairly safe, but going freehand might be tough, and I would hesitate to try it on an expensive silk.

If you have some time and want to put the money into it, you can contact Tim Sonefelt from Wonder Imagery.
http://www.timsonefelt.com/sonefelt_prod......projects
Tim will do custom artwork on silks and he does a fantastic job!

Regan
Mister Mystery
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Actually I need this silk too, I have searched and still can not find someone supply for this Happy New Year silk.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Maybe I wasn't clear on this, but Tim will supply the silk(s) also. He can print most any design you want. You can send your own digital artwork to him and he will put it on whatever size silk(s) you need. Contact him to discuss the sizes of the silks, colors, designs, and price. He's a great guy.
Mister Mystery
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
Thanks for the suggestion, Regan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » "HAPPY NEW YEAR " Silk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL