The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Bobby's on the road!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Talked to Bobby Maverick and he's on the road this week. I think he's going west, like either San Diego or San Francisco. If you see him out there say hello to him, He'd like that.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
I just can't wait to meet Bobby myself. He is good guy and knows his stuff.
Helped me tremondously.

My question is when will he venture to the east coast?
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
Pretty sure he made it down to NOLA...not sure how long he is staying, or where he is going from there.

Hopefully he's planning the next Busker's Bootcamp!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I heard he was going to LA or at least southern California, maybe San Diego
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Maybe we could get Norad to track him now that Santa is done for the year...
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
You will need to shoot a GPS tracking tag into his back. Smile
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
I'm in NOLA right now...never know where I will end up though.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Whoa!!! That's an unconfirmed sighting, folks. I repeat, that is not official. We are reconfiguring our tracking systems at this time, and we WILL be able to confirm that alleged location shortly. Thank you all for your patience. Until you hear back from me, trust no one...not even Bobby.

Fun Time Al
Norad/Sidewalk Shuffle Volunteer Liason
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I'm going back to new orleans......

The new permit for the steps is a good thing I beleive.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
No can do George. Norad can only track 1 person at a time. Wait'll Bobby get's home and then we can stick the tracking device up your pouch...
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
George,
I thought you were spearheading the Ocean City redevelopment park project for buskers? Did they withdraw the proposal?

Chad, yOu cRaZy man! Lol
:pop:
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

George you got your facts mixed up...no permits...and the pitch in front of the church isn't what you think.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Miscommunication like this was inevitable. If only we had some sort if instant form of virtual communication so we could all share information about street performing issues. That'd be awesome!
Stay with me here people, I know it sounds like a big undertaking, but I know a guy that can help. I've got another buddy, Inventor Time Al, that's been working on just such a project. Lemme get him on the horn and we'll get crackin'. Now let's see...did I list him under 'Inventor' or 'Gore'? I'll find it here in a minute...
If this thing takes off, I'll be out of a job. Who needs Norad if everyone can chat with each other?
...really shoulda thought that one through before I started making such big promises. Before ya know it, I'll be calling myself Big Time Al.
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I saw what happened at the church Smile . honestly, I have no desire WHAT SO EVER to work new orleans...

Just the steps! plan on coming back through for a few days on my way to MD

... I was there in NOLA a month ago and saw Mark Riggs working it (the steps)... The breakdancers asked him to move -- He did not. He had "credentials"... Now how the hell does the that happen?... Everybody knows, the breakdancers don't share.. I'll double check my info and try to get to the bottom of this.
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Just got what I needed.. cool
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Ok, now everyone's just starting to talk outta turn. We need a system...hmmm...ok, try this. Everyone put their name in a hat, and at the start of each thread we'll draw names to see who goes first, second, etc. Anyone still wear hats these days?
And not just anyone can jump on a thread, man that would be mass chaos. No. We'll audition and then hand out permits.

This is gonna fix EVERYTHING!!
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Hee hee hee....

Yeah the permits thatare handed out for French Market Property are abundant, but when it comes to working the steps on the weekend Dragon Master has always ruled the roost. No matter what papers/permit you show them, they're going to GET that pitch. One of the things many folks need to remember is that Country and the guys have been working that pitch and New Orleans since they were practically toddlers (since there was a fountain there-anyone here remember that?) and they have fought tooth and nail to be allowed to work the pitch. Outsiders come in, and show a piece of paper and then they show you how it really works in New Orleans...
During the week, its good if the traffic flow is there...but it aint easy Smile
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
What's wrong with the pitch in front of the Church? Last time I was there, before Katrina, it was pretty good, bone readers, tarot card reader, painters, a juggler, and a couple of magicians, including me.

Foot traffic was good early, but that was because everyone was going to a Saints game, hard to build a pitch when they have a place to go, and need to be there at a particular time. But later, after the game was really good traffic, all looking to be entertained and most with enough alchohol to think a $10 was a $1 when they tipped.

Has it changed a lot?

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
The pitch in front of the church is very different then before Katrina.

The whole situation has change...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Bobby's on the road!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL