The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » The Delben Two Hole Wrist Chopper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I purchased a "Delben Two Hole Wrist Chopper" at an estate sale. I think that is the name.

Does anybody know anything about this wrist chopper?

I looked on the internet but could not find anything on this great looking effect.
Dennis Michael
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4854 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
It is a lower cost version of the Owen Karson Wrist Chopper which is IMO a much better looking prop than the Delben. I have the Owen and love it and use it often. The Delben works by the same method and should serve you well but cosmetically is less appealing. The Delben has been sold on Ebay for about $400. The Owen costs about $1250 including ATA case.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

I got an email from Marty Hahne

Quote:
Yes, It's called the Delben Two Hole Wrist Chopper. It was made by Ben Stone, who passed away a few years ago.

The rights were purchased by a guy in Texas, and he still occasionally makes them. I think the new price is around $495 dollars. Sometimes Joe Stevens has them for sale.

If you look on the "windows" (the wood circles that cover the holes) you will probably see a number. Mine is #127.

Sincerely,
Marty Hahne

Well I looked and it has the number 6 in the wood circles or a 9, not sure which way to read it!
Dennis Michael
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5321 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
John Mendoza had a Deblen Two Hole Wrist Chopper for sale on eBay two or three months ago. I stopped bidding at $500.00 and believe that the thing went for near $800.00. He has found and sold (on eBay) a number of the things over the years. They always seem to go for over $500.00.

Hey Den, My generous offer (that I made at MAES) still stands! Smile
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Thanks Harry,
But I really like it! I rarely buy magic to sell!
Dennis Michael
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5321 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Dang! That’s what I thought! Den you have a nice effect there (and obtained at a very reasonable price). It plays very well for that group of big cynics that are generally difficult to play to. Yep, it plays well to teenagers! Have fun with it.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Thanks Harry!

By the way, I enjoyed your company very much at the MAES convention. In the last week I am at the Clown Fest/ Magic Quest convention and spending a lot of time with Dan Sylvester. He has a brilliant, creative mind.

If we ever get to see what he is planning we will see more of that Human Cartoon.

I'm pretty well done with conventions until next summer. Now back to more shows.
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » The Delben Two Hole Wrist Chopper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL