The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Ultimate simplification for day for any date (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Guys,

it wouldn't be simpler than this one.

we just need this to catch on:
http://dvice.com/archives/2011/12/is-it-time-for.php

ND
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
So, Professor Henry, you've invented a fixed calendar and wish the world reform to it? How nice. Just stand in that long line over there. (A little warning, though: The last time that line moved was 1582.)

I like the Wired version of the story, which concludes with the creator shooting his own argument in the foot:

Quote:
“I gave a presentation at the American Astronomical Society meeting in Atlanta. Two young ladies came up to me, and one said she liked it. The other said she didn’t,” recalled Henry. “And I said, ‘Why?’ She said, ‘My birthday is always going to be on a Thursday.’ I said, ‘You’re free to celebrate when you want! What the devil difference does it make what it says on the calendar?’”
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Nice nonsense. This guy doesn't understand that the Gregorian calendar is a lunisolar one and a little bit more complicated then he could imagine.
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1144 Posts

Profile of TomasB
Besides, I can't stand seeing Sunday as the first day of the week, and that calendar kept flaunting it. Monday will always be the first day of the week for me.

/Tomas
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Don't move to Israel Tomas...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Ultimate simplification for day for any date (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL