The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Rubialis and the ambitious coin (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
TAJ
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of TAJ
This looks pretty sweet: http://youtu.be/_pqXSxUX2s0
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Ambitious! Fun!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Looks very good, appears to be available as a download on: enfilo.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Interesting idea and looks pretty good. Anybody try this one?
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
ptigue
View Profile
New user
Alabama
95 Posts

Profile of ptigue
I knew I should have paid attention in Spanish class!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Very nice short and in your face
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Good idea. Very nice, simple and straight to the point.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Very nice, the handling looks solid (a bit similar to one of Joe Rindfleish's) and the presentation ("the other coins might fall through the hole") is great. I really like his stuff.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
As far as I know, Joe's was the first published adaption of this plot to coins. I originally came up with a similar effect in the 80's, but felt the effect as it stood was not very visible (at least my version), so I turned it into what is now on the New York Coin Magic DVD series as Copper Sandwich (originally from my second set of notes as Spellbound X 3). If you know the trick, you can see how the move can allow a coppper coin to move up through a stack with just the wave of the hand. Joe and I talked about this plot some years ago, and he came up with a better handling of his effect, which is not yet published. The starting point of this plot though isn't cards, but an effect called Blue Phantom, which was a stage effect (as told to me by David Roth). The routine referenced above though looks very clean, and although limited to the table, has a very nice instantaneous look to it.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Brilliant, I like his presentation a lot.
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
I downloaded the routine and really love it. The simplicity of the method and visual impact reminds me of a coin routine by Mr Futagawa.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Very nice indeed !!!! Looked like real magic to me. No extra handling just in your face magic.
It's a Keeper in my book.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
TAJ
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of TAJ
I just downloaded this too. The method is brilliant! Now to practice...
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Hi Mike, I thought Joe's version was a inspired by Dan Harlan's Raising Dough from The Minotaur in 1994, and Joe's wasn't published til sometime in 1995 in Apocalypse? or course I could be remembering it backwards.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
You could be right, I didn't know of the earlier reference.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Pretty Cool, Not a world shaker but a nice little bit to add to your arsenal in a show. I like it!
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Love it and the technique is obviously different from the one, which appeared in Joe Rindfleisch Extreme Coin Magic DVD where the idea of an Ambitous Coin appeared for the first time (to my knowledge).
Congratulations for the very slick handling and the solution chosen for the last coin.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
I really like it!:) As Lawrence said - congratulations for the handling of the last coin. Simple and yet effective! Smile
UK Close-up and cabaret magician based in Scotland - www.radekmakar.co.uk
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Looks great! Thanks for sharing. The coin falling through the hole plot is neat.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Chris W
View Profile
Regular user
Have you seen my
176 Posts

Profile of Chris W
Yeah, I like the presentation of it. I feel that a lot of coin magicians don't use much patter for their routines. I, personally, try to make my patter interesting. Having something simple as this makes the routine that much better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Rubialis and the ambitious coin (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL