The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Rubialis and the ambitious coin (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Joe is correct, Rising Dough from Dan Harlen was first and used a gimmick. My method used no gimmick. I have also come up with stanup versions as well as Mike has mentioned! Thanks for remembering guys ;-)
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Hey Joe good to see you around here again.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Magic Warehouse's chinese coin dollar size with milled edges is ideal for this routine.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
My apologies to Dan Harlan for having missed his original effect and congratulations to Joe and every worker who improved on it
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
So this is gaffless, pure sleight of hand, requires sitting, can use both halves and dollar sized coins? And are the teachings in Spanish with English subtitles as well?
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Similar routine by Joe Rindfleisch can be done stand up or at the table using half dollar size coins.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2012-01-06 17:14, Flyswatter wrote:
So this is gaffless, pure sleight of hand, requires sitting, can use both halves and dollar sized coins? And are the teachings in Spanish with English subtitles as well?

The routine is gaffless, pure sleight of hand, and you COULD do it standing but I wouldn't recommend it. You can use halves & dollars. For me, dollar coins are easier to work with for this routine. Teaching is in Spanish with good English subtitles.

Hope that helps. I like this routine a lot. With some practice you'll find that it is one of the least technical demanding coin effects out there! But looks sharp.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Rubiales
View Profile
New user
El Puerto de Santa Maria
89 Posts

Profile of Rubiales
I'm glad you like my hole Chinese. if you want to do it with half dollar, it's best to use three copper coins (penny English) and one half dollar. I tell this by the size of the coins, the latter technique provides.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Thank you, Rubiales.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I just wanted to chime in by saying that I have several sets of lecture notes from Rubiales written in Spanish....I spent countless hours on Google Translator learning the magic. Phenomenal work from one of Spain's best magical thinkers.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Juan Luis is a very talented performer (and a fellow countryman to me). His way of thinking is quite unique and is a breath of fresh air in many different aspects. If you can get a hold of his lecture notes and translate them (or if you understand Spanish), you will have a great wealth of material in your hands.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Where can I find them? I can read Spanish so I'd have no troubles.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 23:25, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Where can I find them? I can read Spanish so I'd have no troubles.

This particular routine can be found here:

http://store.enfilo.com/Juan-Luis-Rubiales/

I am not sure if he sells his lecture notes online, but if you connect with Juan Luis on Facebook, I am sure he can give you more information. I have always gotten his notes at live lectures.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Rubiales, this is EXCELLENTE! Smile

You guys want good coin magic, then you want this. Smile

Very well done and offered at a great price to learn such a marvelous little effect, pretty darn slick too. Smile

This is beautifully done, an elegant piece of work with regular coins, y'know I love it! Smile

It's very well explained and presented, and it's worth a lot more than is asked for. One of the better close-up coin effects I've seen in a good while. Nicely done and highly recommended. In fact, I don't know why anybody wouldn't do this??? Smile It's not difficult, not expensive and is absolutely magical looking. It's a winner alright. Smile

Oh and welcome to the Café, Rubiales. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Is this taught on video or in a booklet writen in spanish ?

Douglas, perhaps you could translate them for Juan to sell here in the states ?

Thanks,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Beauti ful piece of magic.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Joe, its a video that you gain access to right on the site once bought. All you do is go into your collection and it's there. Nice! The video is in Spanish but has good/simple subtitles and easy to follow. It's really not a problem and you clearly understand everything, even Rubiales' wonderful personality and great instruction. Just get it and you'll see. I actually like it better than Pontas instruction because you can see the instructor and get a better overall feel even though you may not be able to understand the language. It's very well done. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
TAJ
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of TAJ
Just for the record the routine is called "The Chinese hole" by Juan Luis Rubiales. For some reason I misspelled Rubiales in the original post, I apologize to Mr. Rubiales for that! This is a great piece of magic that starts clean and ends clean. The download is cheap considering the quality of the effect, and you don't have to be a Bobo to learn it!

The website is in spanish but you can translate it to english by selecting the english button. I'm not affiliated with the site and don't know Mr. Rubiales but I love his effect!

Taj
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
MB, Thanks for the info! Going there now.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
As already stated this is a excellent routine. The idea of using the Chinese coin as a hole make the routine a great lead in to a coins through table, with a kicker ending. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Rubialis and the ambitious coin (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL