The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What's Your Magic New Year's Resolution? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I know what mine should be this year: stop purchasing new magic and focus on mastering what I already own! I know that this resolution would be setting myself up for failure. Instead, my New Year's resolution is to perform more frequently. Inevitably, this will reduce the amount of magic I purchase, since my focus will be on improving my presentational skills and routining.

What's your magic resolution?
Ruppenthal
View Profile
Regular user
I'm busy, so I only have
104 Posts

Profile of Ruppenthal
Mine is exactly the same as yours - cut down on new magic, and master what I've already got. Easier said than done: I'm already eyeing a couple of new coin gaffs Smile

Happy New Year everyone!
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2012-01-01 11:05, whiteoakcanyon wrote:
I know what mine should be this year: stop purchasing new magic and focus on mastering what I already own! I know that this resolution would be setting myself up for failure. Instead, my New Year's resolution is to perform more frequently. Inevitably, this will reduce the amount of magic I purchase, since my focus will be on improving my presentational skills and routining.

What's your magic resolution?

Same here....
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Spend less time on forums and more time practising! ;-)

mlippo
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Buy less, perform more!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
To learn and perform linking rings and cups and balls.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
thelearner
View Profile
Regular user
Bournemouth, UK
187 Posts

Profile of thelearner
I will start attending a magical association in a couple of weeks and after going for 6 months you have to perform an audition to become a member. Therefore, my resolution is to put together my first, proper, well thought-out routine and to be totally comfortable with it in 6 months time. That will include me writing top notch patter, looking at presentation and obviously making sure any moves are flawless. I can gob-smack my friends and family, but you magicianny types.............that's going to be tough!

Tim
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm going to practice less so I have more time to buy magic that I'll never use.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
salmagic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of salmagic
Mine is to pick up a steadier gig than just once a month. Which leads to my other resolution to pay off credit card.
Drosselmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
West Hollywood, CA
113 Posts

Profile of Drosselmeyer
Join IBM
Practice regularly
Build a new illusion cabinet
Be more Magical !!
Regards,

--Drosselmeyer
s.freeman
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of s.freeman
Quote:
On 2012-01-01 23:40, Bob1Dog wrote:
To learn and perform linking rings and cups and balls.

I'd highly recommend the ninja rings, I found them the most valuable in learning moves and creating the very best look for all my linking ring routines.

As for my resolution, I'm in the same boat with all of you. I probably only use 50% of the magic I own, much less if you include all the books...
Big Sam
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
164 Posts

Profile of Big Sam
To finish all 5 discs of RRTCM - I got distracted after disc 2 and need to get back to it!

Sam
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Mipple
View Profile
New user
London, UK
76 Posts

Profile of Mipple
I'm definitely planning to perform more. This may well naturally translate into buying less (mostly books in my case) as well, but no real problem if it doesn't.

Mark
Weisszach
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
70 Posts

Profile of Weisszach
Commit to actually stick with magic this year and be more focused. Did a bit of cards lost focus, did a bit of coin lost focus. I don't really know what to do only I want to do magic.

Focus is a must this year as you can see by my post count!!! hee hee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What's Your Magic New Year's Resolution? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL