The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » PROFEIGN by Iain Dunford (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I have known Iain Dunford for a number of years now and we have met up in London and elsewhere on a number of occasions. I always leave our meetings with my head spinning from the shear number of brilliant ideas he has bubbling out of his brain.

We last met up in an underground pub off Trafalgar Square and shared our latest ideas and thinking on mentalism, bizarre and readings. He usually starts any discussion with a little stack of envelopes or a small leather wallet, but this time he put a bunch of 'tickets' on the table...yup, they looked like movie theatre tickets from when I was a kid, but these had oracular words on them, and he started to demonstrate his new reading system with them...brilliant!

A few weeks later, he sent me Profeign, his latest collection of ideas, which is a great 95 page book that covers a lot of ground indeed. He offers a ton of ideas, short utilities, longer effects and routines, and a fully developed reading system that draws on his AEIOU work and number readings (using those cool tickets). The different chapters are broken up with quirky quotations and autobiographical sketches and insights.

Beyond the reading system, the two things that really stand out for me are

The Hateful Pad, which is very clever application of his Hatefuk Page idea but as applied to a notepad, which will be absolutely fantastic for large groups.

Riggsswitch, which is a lateral application of one of the many wonderful John Riggs products. And I mean lateral! Wow. Very cool.

Iain also has a great way to combine simple moves with a larger sense of context, meaning, colour, smell, ambience, and personalisation that makes this material really hard hitting.

I think folks here will really like this.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/pr......_753133_

Best wishes

Dr Todd
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Get this!

Reasons to follow!

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
1. It's less than $30-- and it is PACKED with mind-reading goodness: Effects, principles, utilities, systems, ideas and advice!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
He's a busy mind that English bloke.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
2. There are great pendulum routines that are great-- and entirely customizable.
SubconsciousSymbols
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
250 Posts

Profile of SubconsciousSymbols
Quote:
On 2012-01-02 02:40, DrTodd wrote:
his Hatefuk Page idea

I don't know who 'page' is but.... Joking aside Iain's AEIOU is great and I really want to pick up one of his other books which include his takes on mentalism plots/ideas/utilities.

*** you Dunford and Dr Todd, here's me trying not to spend any money on mentalism this year...

Asher
'The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious'
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
If you have not got this Asher it is well worth purchasing, some excellent ideas are contained within the plethora of pages.
Being in the U.K you can now get it through Lulu.com with an additional 25% discount by quoting voucher code " ONEMORETHINGUK305

There is now no excuse!

Regards
Dr Rob.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
3. That simple sleight used to great effect(s)
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
4. SVENVELOPES!!!!!!!
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
This is a very good manuscript by a good thinker in mentalism. I recommend it highly. Well worth the price.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
SubconsciousSymbols
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
250 Posts

Profile of SubconsciousSymbols
Thanks for the heads up DrRob.

A question to you, are you Bristol based??

It's just that Kannon from here (Andy in real life!) was just passing through and we met up for a session. He mentioned that he thought you were based here too. Always great to have like-minded people nearby to jam with or just meet up and have a beer etc.

Let me know via pm or something.

And ''Thanks a bunch?!'' you lot. With the bonus code, maybe...just maybe I can justify one last purchase. The Aleph wallet I ordered the other day doesn't count because it's a utility. (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) Smile

Cheers, Asher
'The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious'
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ooooh ya cheeky blighters...thank you for the kind words...

a few quotes from people...greg and paolo I always send stuff to, just to find out if I'm re-inventing something or need to credit someone or other...but I was very pleased that mr. tony eye bought a copy and really liked it...

Paolo Cavalli - "This novel book by Iain is worth reading because it's pretty full of old principles adapted to new effects, a case of rethinking and retooling to get new and fresh ideas out of established methods. Some great psychological plots are also to be found there, one I have re-dubbed "the rainbow!" and I fell immediately in love with it."

Tony Eye - "This is a book of ideas. Yes there are routines, some barebones presentations, some more indepth, lots of methods, billets, pendulums and envelopes (Oh my!), tarot, index cards, business cards..., thoughts and opinions, and some special words. A book of ideas!

Plus I love the cover, just beautiful! "

Greg Arce - "Ian has his own take on things. He has a way of looking at
presentations in his own skewed and unique way. This is a good thing.
But, on the other hand, I find that he would be considered an "old
thinker" by some of the newbies. Why?

Because he loves bits of cards, envelopes, markers, business cards... and all those things that some
of the newbies find as props. I don't think that way. I find that Ian
puts a new spin on these "props". He knows how to make them
invisible. But I ramble. Let me just say that Ian's thinking always
makes me smile. He comes up with real world routines. As you read
them you can easily see them in your mind's eye. He is a clever man
with clever thoughts. And mixed within the routines are touches,
subtleties, enhancements, improvements... and a lot more."

I don't do that pre-order thing, so I keep it at this price til the end of january, then it goes up...so think of this month as a discount/pre-order I suppose...but the product is out there if you see what I mean...

I'm also VERY pleased that Jheff from Marketplace of the Mind put all four of my releases into his "Top Mentalism products of 2011" amongst the great and the good...so I feel a bit silly being on the list, but also very pleased...cos I do work my little cotton socks off y'know...

there's routines, a complete reading system (that can also be used with AEIOU and thought-paths as well as others), a psychological force, some switching techniques, book tests and a couple of little essays too...

there, waffle over with...

thank you all sincerely (including the diamond geezer) for saying such kind things...
I've asked to be banned
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2012-01-06 09:42, SubconsciousSymbols wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-02 02:40, DrTodd wrote:
his Hatefuk Page idea

I don't know who 'page' is but.... Joking aside Iain's AEIOU is great and I really want to pick up one of his other books which include his takes on mentalism plots/ideas/utilities.

*** you Dunford and Dr Todd, here's me trying not to spend any money on mentalism this year...

Asher

Sorry about the unfortunate typo ;-)

Cheers

Todd
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Its the best typo in the world...don't apologise for it you filth-monger...

I am very pleased with the RIGGSWITCH (its only down in the quickies/ideas section) but it has proven very handy... and depending on which riggs device you own, depends on how much you can do with the technique...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
LULUBOOKUK305 - if you use this, you get 25% off any of my books, and its good til the end of the month...then the price is going up...the review from Jheff, via marketplace of the mind will be up this week or next... he's a very busy fella...
I've asked to be banned
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Just received the hard copy soft cover!
Great work-- and the effects are even more amazing, somehow!

Plus it arrived the same day as Tailored Suits! Double bonus points!

d
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Review on Jheff's site now....

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/prof.html

also pleased that this book, and three others of mine released last year, made it into his "top releases of the year", alongside the great and good...

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/2011best.html
I've asked to be banned
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
I'll also add my high recommendation for Profeign. The book has got me inspired and thinking. I like Iain's writing style, as well. It's casual and down to earth, like having a good chat with an old friend.

Great job
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thank you sir...thats made my day! always lovely to hear...

hope you find some handy bits and pieces in there, or at least something to dabble with...i do have a real soft-spot for the reading system in there... really does go down well, especially with women...

plus you can add your own words either hand-drawn or with letraset...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
And a lovely quote from Mr. Riggs - "Fun to read and excellent mentalism, you can't go wrong."...

thanks John...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » PROFEIGN by Iain Dunford (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL