The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sudden Deck 3 - David Regal (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
From what I can tell is that is SD3 you can show the front and back now after the printing process. A very nice moment indeed.
JM
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5035 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-05-01 20:41, Justin N. Miller wrote:
From what I can tell is that is SD3 you can show the front and back now after the printing process. A very nice moment indeed.
JM

That's what I saw. Looks a little more clean. That's the only flaw I had with S2, had to be somewhat restrictive when handling the box after it was printed. Is it going to be worth $30.00... I would say if you like S2 then it will be worth it.

RNK
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yes, the big difference with this one is that you can show both sides. You couldn't do that with 2.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
I think this looks great! As far as the Disposable Deck goes I don't know if I'd crumble it up in full view. Maybe put it in one of those small white bags that drug stores put your prescriptions in and then crumble it up.

I'm not trying to take anything away from " Sudden Deck 3" because this is a winner. I'm just giving my opinion on the extra effect "Disposable Deck" and what I'd prefer to do with it.

Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The disposable deck is fun to do at the end of any card set. You simply do a "deck switch". The deck has been in play and then you crumble it into a ball. It gets great reactions. Or you can do what Ralph suggested. Then it's like the Nielsen vanishing bottle. Either way, they love it.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I missed that. That is a lot better.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
For those who have used this, is it really practical for walk around? It seems like you'd have to worry about people in tables on the sides spotting this and also a little to big to carry in an inside pocket I would think. If I could use it in walk around, I'd probably be in.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-05-02 15:15, rockwall wrote:
For those who have used this, is it really practical for walk around? It seems like you'd have to worry about people in tables on the sides spotting this and also a little to big to carry in an inside pocket I would think. If I could use it in walk around, I'd probably be in.

I wouldn't worry too much about other tables as they don't know what they'd be looking at. Also from what I can tell it would not be that obvious from side from a distance. As for size, in the condition David brings it out of his pocket in, it is not much larger than normal deck of cards, and obviously its final condition is pretty much the exact size is a deck.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Quote:

I wouldn't worry too much about other tables as they don't know what they'd be looking at. Also from what I can tell it would not be that obvious from side from a distance. As for size, in the condition David brings it out of his pocket in, it is not much larger than normal deck of cards, and obviously its final condition is pretty much the exact size is a deck.

I think he means the massive envelope
it would get wrinkled in a jacket pocket
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-05-02 17:13, Suux88 wrote:
Quote:

I think he means the massive envelope
it would get wrinkled in a jacket pocket

Good point on the envelope, although I imagine it's not necessary.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
The envelope 'sells' the fact that it's flat. I was hoping there was someone who has tried using it in walk around. Cameron? Anyone?
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1152 Posts

Profile of APC
I loved SD2 and misplaced the gimmick - I think I will be picking this up. I love the fact that you can show both sides with this, and now that I'm working on Shawn Farquhar's deck switch, the disposable deck is a nice bonus!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I have used the many times in stand up shows. Never used it walk around. Not that it wouldn't work for walk around, I just never used it in that environment.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5326 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Though my Sudden Deck 2 is still doing fine, and I still have a decent amount of my original Disposable Deck order, I went ahead and ordered the combo anyway. Can't have too many Disposables! I use them a lot with David's Hotel 52 routine, but with a little flash paper kicker. Smile How can you not love this stuff?

Jim
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1138 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I'm a huge fan of Sudden Deck 1. It plays in the biggest of rooms. Sudden Deck 2 is great close-up, but a little harder to convey in large rooms. Sudden Deck 3 looks like a great melding of the two. I gotta say, SD2 is perfect for the Nudist or Mental Photography Deck (that is the blank deck that becomes printed). You show a blank card box, print it, then produce the deck. But the deck is blank, and you proceed to print it too.

Bill Malone has a very commercial version on his first set of DVDs but I'm going to direct you to a sleeper, which I'm sure no one knows about, and that's a shame because it is really great. It's none other than David Regal's version in his book, Close-Up & Personal, called "Photo Finish". The whole idea is about making a card vanish, but instead the deck vanishes. It's an unusual handling and presentation, but really fun to perform. I used to do it behind the bar, but for some reason stopped doing it. I'm going to get SD3 and perhaps start it up again . . .
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
779 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Hi All -

I just saw this thread. Sudden Deck 3 will be in general release at the end of next week. Yes, it combines the best elements of the original Sudden Deck (the big empty display) with the magical printing of Sudden Deck 2. The neat thing is, you can do any combination of any of those elements!

I always keep the prop in my inner jacket pocket and remove it from the pocket before going into the effect. I thought it might be fun to use an envelope on the video, but I don't do it that way in my work (and yes - I flashed!). As I think you can see, my demos are very simple - my son comes over and we put something on video, period. I just want to show people the product, give them an idea of what it is they would be buying, and then they can buy it or not, depending on if they can use it or not.

I love Sudden Deck 3, and like the other versions, it works itself. In fact, you sort of anti-do-work to operate the prop... you let go of it. I mean it, you let go and it sort of does its thing. Many people told me I should combine the two versions of the trick into a third that does everything and they were right.

And Disposable Deck? Magicians have come up with so many great applications for the prop (I include a bunch of applications on the DVD, including a simple card routine I put together to give the purchaser an idea of ways it can be used with existing card effects - and you'll get to see me flash again!). The best thing, though, is a full performance of the trick "Hotel 52," and a complete explanation. If all you did with Disposable Deck was "Hotel 52," you'd still get a lot of use out of it. I was so happy I almost cried when I saw Todd Robbins open his parlour act with a great application of the prop. And it was a purchaser - not me - who, many years ago, wondered if Disposable Deck can be used as a deck shell. The answer is yes, yes, yes. So to me, Disposable Deck is a utility item.

What can I say? I love magic. I'll shut up now.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
667 Posts

Profile of dman11
Demo looks great, will have to pick this one up !
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
I just HAD to give a big kudos to David. I ordered the combo deal from him exactly one week ago, and received it just yesterday. Shipped in 6 days, not too impressive, until you take into account the fact the I live in HOLLAND! Most packages take up to two weeks, if not more, to reach me from the States.

Thanks again to David and the US Postal Service.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5035 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ordered mine today- this should be good.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
779 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Okay guys, I did something to answer the basic questions in the form of a teaser executed in a cheesy manner:

The Birth of Sudden Deck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sudden Deck 3 - David Regal (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL