The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sudden Deck 3 - David Regal » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
LOL! Only you David!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
Anyone got it yet?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hopefully it will come in the mail today. I will post as soon as I get it and check it out.

RNK
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Nice work on the Lucasfilm-style logo, Dave. It's spot on. Did you build that from scratch?
It's all in the reflexes.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
The box combo includes a DVD with some nice touches on both the disposable deck and SD3. If you've never seen David live, you don't really appreciate how unbelievably skilled he is at the deck switch. I have to believe he does at least 2 or 3 per show. So what's nice is a little bonus explanation on the DVD of deck switches. These are applicable to the disposable deck, of course, but also for just about anytime you want to exchange a deck for another. He goes over several and most are very easy to do and all are done standing.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Got this last week and I just have to say- Get it! This is so so easy to do but yet looks awesome! David- #3 is GREAT! I can't recommend this enough. I just love doing it in front of the mirror and fooling myself! LOL! Also, As Doug Brewer states, with the combo deal, David gives some great tips on Deck Switching. These are really two great releases or Re-Releases??? However you want to think of it- this is just Superb!!

RNK

PS- this passed the wife test with Flying colors!! Those of you who are married know what that means!!!
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Thanks guys, I appreciate your remarks - I'm happy you are getting good use out of the trick. I really do think this is the best version of the prop.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I didn't get the first two versions. They looked good, but.....I didn't get excited about it. Saw this new version's demo and got excited.

THIS IS LIKE REAL MAGIC!

If it cost $100, I'd have gotten it.
Bardo
View Profile
New user
England
45 Posts

Profile of Bardo
This does look like a real winner. I'm in!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The WPR show gave it low marks. I don't agree with them on this one.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-06-27 19:04, Zombie Magic wrote:
The WPR show gave it low marks. I don't agree with them on this one.

Totally agree. I finally had a chance to use this and all I can say is that the spectators were absolutely floored! This is just awesome. Craig and David must have had a bad night sleep before reviewing this. Of coarse nobctody's perfect, eH?

RNK
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
How does David keep coming up with all this stuff!

Always looking for new and creative ways to solve a problem.

Too bad the government doesn't do this!
budja
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of budja
I just got this. It is really cool. I don't care too much about the disposable deck part but the Sudden Deck 3 is very good. I don't own any of the older versions but I think the main difference in this one is you can show the box to be empty as well. I am going to pair this with Fade by Meir Yedid. Have a blank case, put the design on it, fold it up, produce a deck, do the Fade trick. In the end, you just have blank cards.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Very old thread, but I always am playing around with sudden deck and was always trying to get the part when the box prints to get it to print real fast, and sometimes had a little issue with the printed part coming down slower than usual, and was worried it didn’t look “magical” enough. But I found a way to handle the box so it changes in the blink of an eye.. hold the box with your thumb in front (covering the sticker) and 4 fingers behind and let go of the small white flap, then, to print the box, fling your hand like you are throwing a softball pitch (underhand) and let go as soon as you start swinging underhand. You can do this real quick and it looks like the printing just “appears”. Hope it helps!
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Also make sure when you flick it underhanded the bottom flap almost comes up and hits your hand- it just prints real fast
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Correction,,,sorry everybody, disregard the 2 posts above. Hold with thumb in BACK and rest of fingers in FRONT...(like normal). Give it a forward “whip” by flicking your hand forward quickly in a whipping motion (like when you snap the towel forward to whip somebody). Instead of dropping your hand down flick it forward so the bottom flap comes up and hits your hand. Sorry about the confusion, the first one I described was for something else.
Dave Shepherd
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
116 Posts

Profile of Dave Shepherd
I just got this effect in the mail today from Vanishing, Inc. I have a problem, one that I saw mentioned in one of the reviews for the effect on the Penguin site: the gimmick is much too tight to accommodate a full deck of 52 cards. I can shove 50 cards of a standard Bicycle deck in there, but 52 cards will not slide out of the slot.

Has anybody else encountered this?

(I will say that Penguin has offered to send me a replacement Sudden Deck--even though I didn't buy it directly from them. So props to them!)
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I didn’t have this problem with 3.0. That could be an issue that can be fixed by readjusting the bottom piece that holds the bottom of the deck, the ends might be too close together.
Dave Shepherd
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
116 Posts

Profile of Dave Shepherd
I don't think so. The first thing I did was reset the end-flap, the thing you put together when you set it up. That didn't help.

The issue seems to be the way it is scored. When it naturally opens up, the gimmick is not a "thick" enough box to hold 52 cards. The guy I was chatting with at Penguin confirms that it's a very tight fit for a lot of different decks.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Its available at the reel magic marketplace
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sudden Deck 3 - David Regal » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL