The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sudden Deck 3 - David Regal (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
933 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Get your weekend magic fix! I'm live right now with David Regal talking about Sudden Deck 3 https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSup......81808087
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1267 Posts

Profile of Jared
Sudden Deck 3.0 works like a charm and is an excellent opener for a parlor show. I also didn't have any issues fitting a full deck inside. The only downside to this is that you are somewhat limited as to where you can perform it. There are some obvious angle issues to contend with (sides and behind). Still, this is a great item to have in your arsenal since the printing of the card box and appearance of the cards is very magical. I highly recommend this.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4612 Posts

Profile of videoman
I also like this a lot but mine is also way too tight with a full deck inside. However, I believe I may be able to stretch it out enough if I leave a full deck inside it for a "while". But even with that the front flap doesn't fit over the deck very well.
Odd that some seem to be tighter than others. I think I will probably exchange it because I really would like this to work fine with ANY deck and not have to remove some cards.
Dave Shepherd
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
116 Posts

Profile of Dave Shepherd
I just got my replacement copy from Penguin Magic in the mail. I assembled it carefully and then tried to put a full deck into the gimmick.

A full deck simply will not fit. The copies of Sudden Deck 3 that Penguin Magic is currently sending out seem to be simply cut and scored too small to accommodate 52 cards of a normal Bicycle deck. 50 cards will work okay, 51 are too tight to pull out smoothly, 52 will just not go into the holder at all.
Josh Burch
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Josh Burch
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, Dave Shepherd wrote:
I just got my replacement copy from Penguin Magic in the mail. I assembled it carefully and then tried to put a full deck into the gimmick.

A full deck simply will not fit. The copies of Sudden Deck 3 that Penguin Magic is currently sending out seem to be simply cut and scored too small to accommodate 52 cards of a normal Bicycle deck. 50 cards will work okay, 51 are too tight to pull out smoothly, 52 will just not go into the holder at all.

While the first run in 2019 was small, the current gimmick will fit a deck without a problem.
Dave Shepherd
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
116 Posts

Profile of Dave Shepherd
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2019, Josh Burch wrote:
While the first run in 2019 was small, the current gimmick will fit a deck without a problem.

Do you know this from first-hand experience? When I spoke with the guys at Penguin Magic back in August before they shipped me a replacement, they also assured me that the replacement should work with a full deck.

It did not, and it was immediately apparent that more than one copy (i.e, at least both the ones I received) were shipped in a size appropriate for 49-50 Bicycle cards, but not for a full deck.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2076 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Penguin told me that 3.0 ships in a week

here is my honest (and nice) review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMqaFyewTo
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
I'm thinking Sudden Deck 4.5 might be worth the wait...
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2076 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Isn't technically 3 and 3.0 the SAME THING? (mathematically speaking?) this should have been 3.1 or 4
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
599 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
No one seems to have this in stock
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of mayhem
Quote:
On May 11, 2020, johndevacmaker wrote:
No one seems to have this in stock

From my understanding this newest batch of this will only be on Penguin's website and will be back available soon.
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
599 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Ok thanks mayhem
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sudden Deck 3 - David Regal (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL