The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Hull Card DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Whats fantastic about the dvd performance is that its "real" and gritty... and the commentary is superb in many, many ways...
I've asked to be banned
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
314 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
SB: I must have missed the part about constructing your own box. I'll have to go back over it again. I had originally planned on ordering one of the boxes from the place on the DVD.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3732 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Is there any practical differences or benefits from using The Hull Card technique for a Q & A routien compared to other techiniques such as Mr. Osterlind's The Final Answer or Thought Scan?

Must you use a box for this routine?

Can you use this technique for a one on one reading or with using 3-6 people or is it meant strictly for a large group of 20+ for a formal Q & A routine?

Thank you very much.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
314 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
Magicinsight: I would say yes, there are practical differences from Osterlind's FA. Final answer requires the audience to fill out two sections, similar to Hanhusen's method. Hull card only requires they fill out one card. With FA, after you collect the questions sections, you have to always hope that of the questions you collected, someone didn't hold back their ticket number to try and throw you. But that comes down to audience management.

You don't have to use a box, in fact John says on the DVD you could use a deep bowl, he's even used a store gift bag that he carried his entire act in. John suggested using the box 1)the lock on it ensures the audience that you aren't stealing, 2) the lock on it keeps folks from coming up and digging through it afterwards.

I would say that this is more targeted at a larger group rather than for a one on one. You might be able to do it with 3-6, but it wouldn't be much of an act.

I hope this helps.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3732 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Moderncelt,

Thank you very much for your most helpful reply and information.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Quote:
On 2012-01-19 19:57, Moderncelt wrote:
SB: I must have missed the part about constructing your own box. I'll have to go back over it again. I had originally planned on ordering one of the boxes from the place on the DVD.

Forgive me if I was not clear.
I bought the box as described on the DVD, although with smaller overall dimensions.
The small table that I use was custom made with a black Formica finish with the dimensions being 13x13x1/2".
Hope this is clear , however I'd be happy to email you a picture for clarification.
Also I purchased my box from a company in Buffalo New York, as they were propmt in correspondance.
SB
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
314 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
Ah...going back and rereading it, it's clearer now. I orginally read it as YOU constructed a box like on the DVD. What size box did you wind up going with?
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Mine is for sale in the trade section.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Hull Card DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL