The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Onosaka Coin Purse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Received a medium size Onosaka Coin Purse for Christmas. Beautiful workmanship! But the clasp seems way too tight! Used a paper clip to force it open at first. Worried about closing it again. Wonder if I'm opening it wrong? Any advice would be appreciated!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have several along with a few large (external clasp) and two of the "mini" variety. All open fine. Just place your forefinger on the front of the higher side and push through the leather on that side till the lower side pops free. Hard to explain it without a picture!

Jim
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Jim, You d'Man! I'm such a nimrod! Thanks for making things easier, buddy!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Lol funny I had the same problem when I first got mine. I thought it was stuck. I felt like an idiot in the magic shop
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
BTW, I love these things. A year or two ago when my children (adults) wanted a Christmas list from me so they didn't get me the standard Dad gift stuff, I pointed them all to SEO Magic, the Onosaka Coin Purse page. That's how I got so many of them! Best coin purses I own!

Thanks!

Jim
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
Did you know any purse that can carry a lot of coin at the same time ?
so I don't have to carry different purse for each of my coin set

Thx Smile
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

The JOL purse carries 6 different slots to carry different coin sets. I like it a lot
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Forgot about the link to the purse...

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......word=JOL
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Trooper, This looks very similar to a Targus memory card holder I purchased from Target. Has a belt loop and holds eight Half Dollar sized coins easily. I think it cost about $8.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I bought a Kueppers keeper a few years back (holds 8 coins in separate pockets). I loved the design and used it extensively, but then I made the mistake of leaving some coins in the wallet for a month or two without checking on them and they discolored terribly. Still a good design, but the lining on the JOL coin wallet is hard to beat. Mark Mason has a cool new single coin wallet that is smaller than a JOL or an Onasaka, but easily fits your Morgan coins. I can have several in my pocket at the same time and barely feel them. The great thing about them is the curved bottom which cuts down on the size. Mark claims the lining is every bit as good as a JOL.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

I didn't know about the Targus...I bought the JOL because it was made for coins and sold in a magic shop...The shops magician also had one for his expensive Lassen Gaffs so I just bought it as well...
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Oh and the JOL is also leather...if that has any bearing...
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-01-05 01:17, Trooper11040 wrote:
I didn't know about the Targus...I bought the JOL because it was made for coins and sold in a magic shop...The shops magician also had one for his expensive Lassen Gaffs so I just bought it as well...

I have several of those style holders, but I don't like them for anything important or delicate because the coins tend to come out of their individual pockets - a good way to damage a shell is to have it bang around with other coins in your pocket - even if it is still inside the JOL.

Another option: Frank Starsini has a great zippered purse that hold a ton of coins here: http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=79
I love it and use it all the time for coin sets - it works great in routines because the scolloped fabric provides great cover just laying on the table.
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
What factor that made the coin discolored in the purse ?
Richard Shawn
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Richard Shawn
The only one you will ever need. I love this.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=79
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-01-05 02:26, itlust wrote:

I think it was the dye used on the leather (the Kueppers Keeper is not lined).
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

That zipper one is nice...ill have to look into this one! Thanks
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2012-01-05 11:32, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-05 02:26, itlust wrote:

I think it was the dye used on the leather (the Kueppers Keeper is not lined).

If it was actually colored then it may have been the dye, but the tannins used in the tanning process can cause the coins to turn dull rather than change color. It also tends to leave them feeling dirty/grimy, for lack of a better description, and this also applies to clad coins. Try a quick wipe with alcohol on paper towel, or a dab of toothpaste on a paper towel to remove the topical coloration and/or grime on clad coins. You should never store silver products in un-lined leather cases or containers, but in that even a proper silver jewelry cleaner should clear it right up.

I hope this information is useful to you.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
The Kueppers Keeper is a really neat design. You can open one half, while the other is velcroed closed, it holds coins in eight separate pockets, it looks great and it feels good in your pocket. My only complaint is the lack of lining. Someone should tell Roy about this problem.

As for colored leather, yes all three of my Kueppers Keepers are dyed (one green, one brown and one blue) and I agree that you should always use a lined coin keeper. Unfortunately, not all lined coin keepers are made the same. I once bought a cheap 6 pocket flip over coin wallet on ebay that was lined and apparently, the material that it was lined with was not good for coins.

As for cleaning coins with silver jewelry cleaner, the gaffs that I buy often have a natural patina that I want to keep, so cleaning it is not necessarily an easy process. Also, keeping all of the coins looking the same is harder when one (usually the outside gaff) is differently toned than an inner coin. Better to keep from having to polish in the first place by selecting a good purse to hold them in.

Alan
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Atom3339, if you like the Onoska purse. You should check out Kranzo's "Stone Purse" routine.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Onosaka Coin Purse (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL