The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis without trance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi all

Firstly happy new year.

I have been looking into James trips work with hypnosis without trance, looks interesting and I wondered if anyone owned his DVD sets?
I currently perform in bars and clubs using work from the trilby connection by the head hacking team and wondered if the hypnosis without trance set was worth picking up? The wife was thinking of getting me it for my birthday.

Any thoughts

All the best

R
mrkmarik
View Profile
Regular user
New York
185 Posts

Profile of mrkmarik
Great stuff!!! Get it.
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
I agree!! Really high quality stuff. You should know that they are cds, not dvds.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yes, you won't be disappointed.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
If you want a teaser, check out his youtube channel, the guy is genius and a half and then one.

-Jake
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Genius and a half? I enjoyed reading and listening, but purely out of interest, what bit of new information makes you say that?
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I love the work he does, it is the perfect thing for people who won't close their eyes (trust me it is a hard core fear for some people). His thoughts on hypnosis and changework are very good, I learned a lot from just his channel along xP

-Jake
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10605 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I would never keep a subject that wouldn't close his eyes or accept the suggestion. It looks poor in a performance to the audience.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yes yes yes, but are you saying that his thoughts on hypnosis and changework are different from everyone else's? And if so, where? I'm serious. Where is the genius in his work?
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Well I mean I guess not Bobser, I just like his approach and what not...I mean what I think as genius might be crap to you (not saying it is) but it is all just a matter of opinion I guess, much respects go out to the guy nuff said.
Mindpro, I don't really mean people that are resistant and what not, just people that seriously feel uncomfortable closing their eyes for whatever reason but still genuinely want to experience hypnosis. Please don't gang up on me, I'm just a cheeky friendly hypnotist from Ohio sharing my thoughts and spreading the love xP

-Jake
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
For the millionth time, stop exaggerating Smile

Quote:
On 2012-01-06 19:37, magician 336 wrote:
If you want a teaser, check out his youtube channel, the guy is genius and a half and then one.

-Jake
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Aww come on Bobser, cut the lad some slack.
If he wants to indulge in a bit of hero worship, where's the harm?
I remember you were pretty excited yourself after a weekend of Hypnosis Without Trance back in February 2010.
Don't make me copy and paste Smile

Quote:
On 2012-01-07 17:21, bobser wrote:
Yes yes yes, but are you saying that his thoughts on hypnosis and changework are different from everyone else's? And if so, where? I'm serious. Where is the genius in his work?
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Rus,
You've had some pretty good recommendations here, so I'm sure you'll make your own mind up based on those.
I don't own it, so I can't comment other than saying the times I've dealt with him, James seems like a nice, honest, knowledgeable bloke and you'll probably pick up a handful of techniques here.

Personally, I stopped looking at training products years ago when I realised I already had a broad enough understanding, most stuff just zeroed in on and expanded upon things I already knew, and techniques are just techniques.

One of the challenges you'll find for an entertainment hypnotist is taking those techniques and using them in creative and entertaining ways and for a hypnotherapist, taking them and using them in effective ways.

There are plenty more challenges too, including safety, audience/client management and volunteer/subject management, getting booked, marketing and continuing to make money, competition and the whole business side of it.

Many people here have recently embarked on the same journey you're starting on, read the same books, bought the same DVDs. Look out for and listen to those who are doing something worthwhile with it but also don't disregard the journeys of others who have managed to last for years.

Reg

Quote:
On 2012-01-04 08:59, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
Hi all

Firstly happy new year.

I have been looking into James trips work with hypnosis without trance, looks interesting and I wondered if anyone owned his DVD sets?
I currently perform in bars and clubs using work from the trilby connection by the head hacking team and wondered if the hypnosis without trance set was worth picking up? The wife was thinking of getting me it for my birthday.

Any thoughts

All the best

R
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I have his courses and it is worth it. He also does a follow up on his youtube site. He also can be emailed with any further questions.
And most important of all, I tried them and they work for me.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2012-01-08 00:17, quicknotist wrote:
Aww come on Bobser, cut the lad some slack.
If he wants to indulge in a bit of hero worship, where's the harm?
I remember you were pretty excited yourself after a weekend of Hypnosis Without Trance back in February 2010.
Don't make me copy and paste Smile

Quote:
On 2012-01-07 17:21, bobser wrote:

Reggie!!!! I know you have all of my quotes from the past dear boy and a few photographs. Enjoy.
Back to my attendance of james Trip's weekend.
I said at the time that I loved his handstick. I remember having a huge (face to face) argument with MP about how Good James's extremely simple but well thought out handstick was. Clever, extreemely clever. I liked that. Loved it. I also said I didn't find the stuck card thing too exciting at all. Yet edited well on youtube anything can look good Smile
BUT... all the genius's have come and gone. If there is anyone out there (outside the group that like to bum each other in their wee cartel)who can tell me HOW some hypno guy of the modern age IS a genius. I'm right here, waiting patiently. Sitting on my throne gazing upon my reflection in my wall to wall mirror. But the phone probably won't ring. Indeed 'the lad' is already thinkin upon his earlier statement, bless him!
MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
Hey
l do a lot of mentalism and mind reading pk effects
and knowing I have never tried hypnotising in any way
I want to add some workable bits (!) of hypnosis to my work
is this set is enough or should I buy another product on the side...
l mean like a standard classic work l sould look into
l hope that make sense
and thank you

MaXiMoN
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10605 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Hypnosis is not a "bit", "trick" or "effect" that you add to your magic, but rather a science and art in an of itself. If you are interested in hypnosis, take the time and commitment to legitimately learn hypnosis.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2012-01-08 00:15, quicknotist wrote:

You ALWAYS say that!
;)
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
Quote:
On 2012-01-27 09:02, MaXiMoN wrote:
Hey
l do a lot of mentalism and mind reading pk effects
and knowing I have never tried hypnotising in any way
I want to add some workable bits (!) of hypnosis to my work
is this set is enough or should I buy another product on the side...
l mean like a standard classic work l sould look into
l hope that make sense
and thank you

MaXiMoN

I agree with Mindpro, Hypnosis isn't a 'bit' or 'effect'. However, as a mentalist It's an important and intriguing study on its own.

MaXiMoN, if you are interested in "hypnosis-type" EFFECTS and concepts, I recommend you pick up some Kenton Knepper. But of course, there is an abundance (some good, some bad) of Kenton topics on this forum.

Cheers,
Cooper
*I knew you were going to read this
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10605 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2012-01-27 12:27, dmkraig wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-08 00:15, quicknotist wrote:

You ALWAYS say that!
;)

Yes, but it bears repeating. Especially to those new here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis without trance (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL