The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Brad Meltzer's Decoded (Houdini) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

diehards2080
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, New York
256 Posts

Profile of diehards2080
Hey guys right now on the history channel there is an episode of Meltzers Decoded on Houdini and the possibility that he was murdered. Looks good. I love the show.
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Houdini is going to come back and HAUNT some of those people for implying that Bess was in on a conspiracy to murder Houdini!

John
Nothing is better than more.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I'm sixty-five and when I was 18, I was a member of the Houdini Club of Philadelphia for many years. Some of those old folks knew Bess and would rollover in their grave on those implications, that Bess wanted her husband dead.

The money Houdini made during that time period was far more than any magician gets today. He was very wealthy.

The show was interesting, a lot of truth and a lot of conjecture, some nice videos, and it was nice to see Lance Burton.

The implication that he was Murdered, well I am not buying that at all. It belongs with the tooth fairy.
Dennis Michael
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
A lot of it comes straight from that "Secret Life of Houdini" book, which I quite enjoyed.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
diehards2080
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, New York
256 Posts

Profile of diehards2080
Granted the implication that Bess had somthing to do with his death and that he was murdered is absured. But it was a fun watch. Its one of those leave your brain at the door type things which I'm good at lol
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I enjoyed it. Was really happy to see Lance Burton and Joshua Jay and a couple of other guys on there. They left a couple of things out that I found interesting in the book as well. But it was fun to watch.
~Will Rogers
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Quote:
On 2012-01-05 20:37, diehards2080 wrote:
Granted the implication that Bess had somthing to do with his death and that he was murdered is absured. But it was a fun watch. Its one of those leave your brain at the door type things which I'm good at lol

So true.
Dennis Michael
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I like Decoded. Obviously they play a lot of stuff up for drama and whatnot, but it is interesting. My feeling on any of the semi-educational entertainment shows is that if I'm drawn into the subject matter enough then afterwards I'll do my own research to see what they got right or wrong.
This Houdini one was actually a bit harder to watch because I knew the subject beforehand and rolled my eyes a couple of times, but it was still fun.
~Will Rogers
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
They might want to run a disclaimer before the show that it is heavily seasoned with BS.

As others have said, "There's an hour I'll never get back". Smile
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
John Cox
View Profile
Elite user
Studio City, CA
494 Posts

Profile of John Cox
I posted a review/reaction of the show on my blog. Lots of great comments there as well.

http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01/......ded.html
Please visit my blog

WILD ABOUT HARRY
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Finally got around to watching it last night. Not fond of the Bess theory at all.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
At least it wasn't aliens or government conspiracy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Brad Meltzer's Decoded (Houdini) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL